Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

Ocko

Of course Bowsey wants to play every game. Do you ever see a boxer happy when his corner throw the towel in no matter how beat they are? It’s the same thing. He wants to play every game but he shouldn’t. 80 plus games is too much. Whether his body can cope or not is irrelevant. Mental fatigue and the stress it puts on him to know he plays in every game regardless isn’t good. But the reality is that there is little choice - Murdy isn’t good enough and is also the full time kit man and Lawday isnt proven at this level.

I didn’t watch the game yesterday so I’m not implying Bowns is even slightly to blame. Just an observation on his workload.

Wannabe2

Sorry Paul but as a Devils fan it was spot on, the little twat is banned for tonight, he cross checked Jardine 20 sec earlier, and us lot want Giants to win tonight. Steelers were very good mind you.

Diablo3

I'd be annoyed if I was a Devils fan. 6"4 220lb NHL veteran defenceman getting physically dominated by Connolly, very soft from him going down that easy. Defo a ban though.
A hockey stick to the face will do that for you. However at least he had a reason, rather than the Tom Daley-esque dives Connolly was trying.

Slartibartfast

Gutted with the loss but what a great hockey game. Lots of positive to take from it.
1. Linglet scored (please shoot more Chuck)
2. All lines are working well
3. We scored 4 goals including some beauties
4. Riley scored
5. We played physical
6. Joey Hadded continues to be on fire

Ref Bownsie. Maybe he wants the first goal back but when a forward cuts through your D like that and is so close to the net theres always a risk. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th others were good goals by the Steelers. Drawn across the goal on one, a Joey Haddad type rocket shot on another and a tip in that will beat any goalie. The last Steelers goal was an interesting one. If you look shortly before it Eberle bumps Bowns pad. Bowns got back to his post as Vallerand picked it up but he looked a bit confused or at least had lost a bit of composure.
Vallerand needed to be flattened or clothes lined by one of the 4 Devils around him. But in the split second he was given after his first shot that Bowns saved, he lifts the pucks onto Bownsys back and it goes in. Vallerand is a top class player and the only way to deal with him is rough him up. We didn't and he scored the game winner.

On the negatives
1. We lost
2. Benti is still taking stupid selfish penalties
3. Although we been quite good defensively recently against the best offence in the league we looked a bit shaky at times

E.D.S.

We lost to a better team. In my view we don’t have the team to consistently turn in title winning performances week in and week out. We have a team that on their day can beat anyone, like most teams in this league but we won’t/can’t do it consistently with this team. We feel more like a cup team than a league team.
Sheffield are a strong team this year. They were there for the taking and we couldn’t do it but we did compete. I didn’t see us being bullied at all. I saw us being physical at times and that’s when we looked good. We were sloppy at times and defensively (not the defence) we were poor. That’s what I’ve come to expect from this team.
I turned up yesterday expecting to give Sheffield a game. We did that and given what we have and how we’ve been playing lately I didn’t expect a win. It wasn’t our day. Congrats to Sheffield.

kingmo19.1

Gutted with the loss but what a great hockey game. Lots of positive to take from it.
1. Linglet scored (please shoot more Chuck)
2. All lines are working well
3. We scored 4 goals including some beauties
4. Riley scored
5. We played physical
6. Joey Hadded continues to be on fire

Ref Bownsie. Maybe he wants the first goal back but when a forward cuts through your D like that and is so close to the net theres always a risk. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th others were good goals by the Steelers. Drawn across the goal on one, a Joey Haddad type rocket shot on another and a tip in that will beat any goalie. The last Steelers goal was an interesting one. If you look shortly before it Eberle bumps Bowns pad. Bowns got back to his post as Vallerand picked it up but he looked a bit confused or at least had lost a bit of composure.
Vallerand needed to be flattened or clothes lined by one of the 4 Devils around him. But in the split second he was given after his first shot that Bowns saved, he lifts the pucks onto Bownsys back and it goes in. Vallerand is a top class player and the only way to deal with him is rough him up. We didn't and he scored the game winner.

On the negatives
1. We lost
2. Benti is still taking stupid selfish penalties
3. Although we been quite good defensively recently against the best offence in the league we looked a bit shaky at times
Good summary there. Re : Benti, I think he's lucky Mosey isnt fit at the moment otherwise I'm sure he'd be sitting. He's offered absolutely nothing this season and has been a major disappointment in terms of production and idiotic penalties.

jenks33

But there’s not a goalie in the league that hasn’t let in some soft goals, that’s why they are playing in our league and not a higher league. It’s also a unforgiving position, people remember the boo boos far more than the terrific saves, as it results in a goal. Myself if Bownsy wants to play, then play him, no one knows his body better than him.
I don’t think anybody expects perfection from a goalie but it’s only natural to expect better than what we’ve seen from Ben this season. I appreciate goalie stats aren’t always a true reflection but if you look at them this season they make for pretty ugly reading. In his previous four seasons his save percentages have been .916, .912, .912 and .916. Ben’s save percentage this season is .903. Beskorowany’s save percentage last season was .921. We’ve still got a good chance of winning the league but we’ve got absolutely no chance unless bownsy improves. No chance

Slartibartfast

Good summary there. Re : Benti, I think he's lucky Mosey isnt fit at the moment otherwise I'm sure he'd be sitting. He's offered absolutely nothing this season and has been a major disappointment in terms of production and idiotic penalties.
Yes. I don't like calling players out but I agree on Benti