Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

kingmo19.1

I think this is going to be a tricky set of games. Steelers have shown some good home form recently beating both us and the Giants! I think it could go either way at their place but not by much more than a goal or two. I would think we’ll have too much for them on Sunday at our place!

I can see a close game in Sheffield, even maybe a Steelers win by the odd goal.

But we've only won one of our last 9 Sunday fixtures after playing Saturday, so I think we'll fall short on Sunday.

OJLloyd

Was a bit worried that I was so deflated after last weekend that I’d struggle to be excited for this one.

Glad to report that that thought was nonsense, and I’m now in full play-off excitement mode. Let’s go Devils!

Mooney#16

And if we win it we get to release a two part Hollywood blockbuster about how average we are in the world of hockey. Liev schrieber to narrate and Ricky gervais to write the script. Guaranteed cinematic gold.

ASHIPP

Would love to think the Devils have it in them to nail this round of games. But, as we have seen a few times this season, other teams turn up for games with meaning - Steelers have been us at theirs when they were battling to secure a playoff berth. Both teams desperate to get to Playoff weekend for different reasons. Whoever wants it more and can stay completely focused for both legs will going to Nottingham.

BostonBart22

Disappointed this fixture not sold out. Squeelers home in a quarter final play off game!
I realize freesports have hijacked the game but we need to be LOUD for this game with whatever support we have at the rink.
Think the devils would have had a choice with being a live game on freesports probs making more money than bums on seats, plus fans wont buy until result from saturdays game i wouldve thought..

Rich Best

Play off hockey is always a slightly different beast and with how Devils must be feeling at present i’m expecting to see Devils put in a very menacing performance of speed and aggression. If i’m being honest I want to see hits finished at every opportunity on Saturday and Sheffield put in a match they simply can’t keep up with. Sheffield do not have the same skill but there only hope is speed and intensity. If Devils match them for that they have the ability to take them apart. Have to say despite a lot of fine talking this last week to rationalise missing out on the league there really can’t be any excuses to a performance lacking intensity this weekend. If the players want redemption the only way is hard work and desire. I get that score line and performance don’t always go hand in hand but I want to see a performance with a real chip on its shoulder.
Very well written. I think we will see performance this weekend.

E.D.S.

It’ll take a heck of an effort from Lordo to get the boys up for this one. I can see us bombing out of the season here. Great effort from the guys thus far.

Paul Sullivan

It’ll take a heck of an effort from Lordo to get the boys up for this one. I can see us bombing out of the season here. Great effort from the guys thus far.
I understand this view but having spoken to a few of the boys at awards night, I'm not sure it's as big a task as you think.

Whatever happens I have no doubt they are up for this. My money is on Dicko and Benti doing their best duracell bunny impressions.

Swarley

I understand this view but having spoken to a few of the boys at awards night, I'm not sure it's as big a task as you think.

Whatever happens I have no doubt they are up for this. My money is on Dicko and Benti doing their best duracell bunny impressions.
I spoke to Ulmer and Mosey on Thursday and both of them seem highly motivated for the playoffs Martin did as well. I think the guys can give it 110% today my only concern is when we've done that we are normally gassed on Sunday hopefully they do the best they can.

Samael

I second this. While it's always nice to thrash the steelers I'd rather they qualify than go nuts tonight then be burnt out and sloppy tomorrow.

Last edited: