Devils Vs Storm - 22 Dec 19 - League

Wannabe2

Tonight it could have easily been 12-2 ,we were all over them like a rash, their nettie played a blinder, and we must have had 80% of that game.

BostonBart22

Thought it was gonna be one of those nights ...first period was dire due to late arrival probs..but last 2 we peppered their keeper and fair play to him he kept them in the game until 2 late goals ..let's keep it rolling into the new year onwards and upwards..merry xmas all

Slartibartfast

Storm played a perfect road game and I thought Ginn was going to frustrate us again. I thought we looked just a little bit tired but thats not surprising after the Belfast game.
It was our depth that won us this game. How important has the Brit line been this season.
We mix them up across the lines and they have an impact team wide. Put them as a fourth line and they cause chaos for the opposition and get goals.
The Brits have been great all season but Duggan is getting better and better. I can see what Lord saw in him.

Wannabe2

Duggan really is a gem, he hits, don’t care who he hits, he can certainly play, brings a ton of energy and enthusiasm, and scores important goals. Plus as has already been said he gets better and better, such a important player in this awesome team.

moggy#9

Duggan really is a gem, he hits, don’t care who he hits, he can certainly play, brings a ton of energy and enthusiasm, and scores important goals. Plus as has already been said he gets better and better, such a important player in this awesome team.
With his resilience, determination and aggression, duggan is like a honeybadger.

jimmy snels

thought we looked pretty tired and Manchester came to play a tight defensive game. Bowns let in a really soft one which gave Manchester an undeserved lead to sit on which they did really well. I thought dixon was again a stand out player. i tactic i found strange was using the 4th line no where near enough when they were the line that created every time they were on the ice!
put simply i think currently they offer something some of our imports just aint and should be rewarded with some of their ice time. batchy Duggan and myres to me are our 3rd line.

CaldicotDevil

thought we looked pretty tired and Manchester came to play a tight defensive game. Bowns let in a really soft one which gave Manchester an undeserved lead to sit on which they did really well. I thought dixon was again a stand out player. i tactic i found strange was using the 4th line no where near enough when they were the line that created every time they were on the ice!
put simply i think currently they offer something some of our imports just aint and should be rewarded with some of their ice time. batchy Duggan and myres to me are our 3rd line.
I'd love to see Duggy have Riley spot whilst he's away just to see how he copes. Coventry have slowly moved Ferrara up the lines since signing him from Sheffield and he's now second in the EIHL for points, passing most of this leagues highly paid imports.

Ocko

We should reward our 4th line players more IMO. We had Batch on a line with Haddad and it worked perfectly a week or two ago. I would put him and Duggan up the lineup ahead of Linglet and Marjamaki. When the Brit line are split up they seem to hold their line mates accountable; we were slumping a few weeks ago, Lord switched it up putting a Brit on lines 2-4 and that seemed to spark our way out of it.

jimmy snels

We should reward our 4th line players more IMO. We had Batch on a line with Haddad and it worked perfectly a week or two ago. I would put him and Duggan up the lineup ahead of Linglet and Marjamaki. When the Brit line are split up they seem to hold their line mates accountable; we were slumping a few weeks ago, Lord switched it up putting a Brit on lines 2-4 and that seemed to spark our way out of it.

Absolutely. was really suprised to see them all back together to be honest. im not sure they're getting a fair crack when im watching a few clearly not putting up the same efforts.

i actually think the batch haddad combo was really effective. id certainly with riley away move batch into those top lines. id personally have masi linglet and benti on the 4th until they step up gears constantly but im probably being harsh.

moggy#9

Absolutely. was really suprised to see them all back together to be honest. im not sure they're getting a fair crack when im watching a few clearly not putting up the same efforts.

i actually think the batch haddad combo was really effective. id certainly with riley away move batch into those top lines. id personally have masi linglet and benti on the 4th until they step up gears constantly but im probably being harsh.
It's interesting because I was only thinking the other day how the 3 of them playing together was putting down a marker as a ready made line for GB. On current form questions would have to be asked if duggan and batch for left out of the GB squad.