Devils vs Storm - 5 Oct 19 - League

jenks33

A win’s a win. I think the least said about that game the better though.

In all fairness we’ve got a gruelling week coming up so i kind of expected a performance that suggested we might have one eye on Tuesday. Surely Murdy will be in goal tomorrow and I hope Toms, Duggan and Josh get plenty of ice time

JC23

Tough game tonight, Storm played well.

Not looking forward to playing them in the shelter.

Ginn was a beast between those pipes tonight also!

Wannabe2

Well I enjoyed tonights game, and Storm played very well, not sure what people expect, we are certainly not going to blow all our opponents away, this league this year is too strong for that, and thank god for that. First time watching block 13 tonight, and what a great experience, wish I could afford to buy you all a pint, amazing loved every minute of it.

august04

It’s a little confusing at the moment. Usually, when it’s a mediocre game, the atmosphere is dead and you know it’s been a crap game. But the atmosphere has been so good this past 2 games thanks to block 13, that it’s tricking my mind into thinking the performance was better than it was! 2 league points though is the main thing. I thought Storm looked decent tonight and we’re in for a much tighter league this season which has got to be good for everyone. Job done.

osh

Wasn’t at the game tonight, so, no Macnamee? Do we have a problem here, injury or is his guitar out of tune, what’s going on ?

jimmy snels

no riley either a worry.

we took a lot of body contact tonight from Manchester. They certainly csme to make that a more physical contest. Fournier in particular seemed to be roughed up a bit.
Was good to see louis not back down from Gagnons challenge. he is a devil not to be messed with.
i thought we were good value for our win though mainly because we defended the net well.
Ginn made a series of very good saves
Joey martin still our best player.
sointu needs to shoot more!

It’s a little confusing at the moment. Usually, when it’s a mediocre game, the atmosphere is dead and you know it’s been a crap game. But the atmosphere has been so good this past 2 games thanks to block 13, that it’s tricking my mind into thinking the performance was better than it was! 2 league points though is the main thing. I thought Storm looked decent tonight and we’re in for a much tighter league this season which has got to be good for everyone. Job done.
I was thinking the same thing on the way home, the atmosphere of the last 2 games has actually masked the fact that the games weren't that great, but I suppose that's also the point of it and maybe has had the affect of driving the players on.

We have a few players that have lost their early season form but we're still got the 2 points

OJLloyd

Unsurprisingly, I think we on here are rumbling towards the negative again.
Offensively we had some good looks, occasionally stopped by very good saves and occasionally we took the wrong option in front of goal.
But in a game where the opposition clearly came to make it as physical as possible, we controlled big chunks of the game, kept the puck well (I think Haddad broke some poor bloke’s ankles in the first) and got the win.
I thought defensively storm collapsed really well, and did make it harder for us to pull the trigger sometimes.
Missing Riley and McNamee means we are playing with lines who didn’t spend pre-season playing together, so some little niggles can be put down to that.
Martin somehow remains the best player in the league, let alone in our team.
I’d also add that the other Joey, fit and healthy, has really shown up some of the guys who were calling for him to be replaced in the summer.

pjj365

I'm not expecting gut busting hockey just the wins at this stage of the season and with three key signings injured

All eyes eyes and minds are surely on Europe at the moment and with Lordo no doubt trying out lines for this as well as looking for the domestic wins we're doing OK

Ger-Devils

With 3 games in 4 days, a travel day Monday it’s a lot to ask of the team with players missing.

Tonight I hope Murdy gets the start and Bowns gets the rest. We also have a travel day Wednesday and play at home Thursday night so technically you’ve got 4 games in 6 days.

Haven’t seen the game highlights yet as we’re in Copenhagen before heading over to Gothenburg tomorrow but happily take a less than usual performance to get the points and converse energy

Earnie

Ulmer must have had the best welcome ever for a returnee in different colours. Well deserved. Did everyone notice the new video in the intro?
Finnerty decided up up the physicallity as from the start of second period to turn the game - but it didn't work for his team. We deserved the win. Well done guys

mjh

Joey and Joey looked very good last night. Gagnon is an absolute beast so well done big Lou for going toe to toe. Looked like he took a few big bombs but stuck with him. I think Manchester could do well this year. They look solid and have some good experienced players such as big game Layne. Good to see Belfast struggle again. Just goes to shown in this league anyone can beat the best teams on their day. Much better than having runaway winners every year. Looking forward to seeing the games vs Frolunda over next couple of weeks.