Devils Vs Storm - League - 24th Oct 2021

moggy#9

Incredible pace to the game. I don't know how we haven't scored yet. Glad to see the clock is now on screen, but the camera work is dreadful.

Rhyan48

Watching from home tonight because of covid a O’Connor is having one hell of a game ! There is so much pace looks like the brake has done is good just need them goals

E.D.S.

Badly need a goal though. Manchester are creating chances going forward. Could be a low scoring win (for either team) or the flood gates will open and we'll walk it.

E.D.S.

Very well taken goal.

Putting the opposition to one side for a second - even though Manchester are defending like their lives depend on it - the big difference here is that we are cycling the puck and doing it well BUT we aren't trying to cycle the puck up against the boards behind the red line -where our smaller guys get little for their efforts against the bigger guys. The cycles are taking place away from the boards in the channels to the left or the right of the face off dots. With an offence like ours, with speed, skill and slightly on the shorter side we can't afford to go hunting against the boards. When we do go to the boards it's Dupoint or Lammon doing it. For the past few weeks it's been Cox, Sanford and Waller. Makes a huge difference to our puck possession. As a result we are creating chances.

moggy#9

That was a solid performance. Much better game management to finish the game, though I'd like to see the cross check at the end again, it didn't seem like a major. I give the storm credit, they had a game plan and it worked for much of the match.

The puck movement from the devils is staying to look devastating. We just need to sharpen up the finishing. I've no idea how Ben Davies didn't end up with something - great performance.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

That was a solid performance. Much better game management to finish the game, though I'd like to see the cross check at the end again, it didn't seem like a major. I give the storm credit, they had a game plan and it worked for much of the match.

The puck movement from the devils is staying to look devastating. We just need to sharpen up the finishing. I've no idea how Ben Davies didn't end up with something - great performance.
Never a five minute penalty. Arguably not even a cross check. He lost his balance. No big contact.

Love Carruth’s attitude he seems to need to play on the edge where as most other goalies need composure and focus. He’s easily going to be a fan favourite if we can keep hold of him.

ASHIPP

Excellent goal by Waller. This kid is amazing. We really might struggle to hang onto him. Surely scouts will be looking at him. He has to be a shoe-in for GB this season.
This young player is super skilled and exciting to watch. He has the hockey I. Q. of a far more experienced player - he reads the game very well, knows where he needs to be, incredible speed and stick handling.