Devils Vs Storm - League- 5th & 8th Jan 22 - Rearrangement Spectacular

Hockeymad

Some people just don’t seem to be happy, we boring, we moan, we get physical, we moan. Jesus, what happened, we used to love team punch up at the WNIR.
Tough game, great result and l love Carruth’s no f8ks given approach and at least the new guy knows how to mark the territory. That should stop teams taking liberties with us.
Yes a good punch up is fine.

Carruth had no need to do that last night it could have been a lot worse.

It could have kicked off big time and for what reason.

He had no reason to do it at all

He has a screw lose for sure

Ocko

Yes a good punch up is fine.

Carruth had no need to do that last night it could have been a lot worse.

It could have kicked off big time and for what reason.

He had no reason to do it at all

He has a screw lose for sure
He had no need to do it, but it was fun.

He had reason, it’s hockey.

I miss things like this. The game is so boring now. Who cares if it kicked off, I would’ve loved to have seen a brawl. Those are the things that galvanise a team and bring them together. 3 fights all year for the devils, what a load of crap. If you don’t understand the reason I don’t think you know the game.

Earnie

If you look at the depressing list of penalties on the Elite League website ,many of which were nonsense, then you need a bit of fun!

Hockeymad

I miss things like this. The game is so boring now. Who cares if it kicked off, I would’ve loved to have seen a brawl. Those are the things that galvanise a team and bring them together. 3 fights all year for the devils, what a load of crap. If you don’t understand the reason I don’t think you know the game.
It was after the game.

Players would have had big bans and then you would have moaned we were missing half the squad.

Wannabe2

Spot on 3 fights in about 19 weeks, that’s 1 every 6 weeks or 1 every 10/12 games what a load of crap, bloody curling would be more entertaining. So much has been taken away from the sport, with stupid rules and lousy officiating it’s killing the game. No one leaves the building or drops off to sleep when a rumpus kicks off, it’s the polar opposite people are out of their seats, there’s nothing like a Birbraer mid ice hit to get the fans going, we were spoilt for years in Cardiff, and those entertaining times are missed big time. The skill, the speed, the goals and saves are a thing of beauty, but it’s the physical side that gets fans pumped, and it’s gradually being eroded away which is a great shame.

Devil94

Maybe you can save your money and instead of going to games, you can just watch matches from 15 years ago on VHS. Or maybe fight compilations on youtube.

Hockey is only going one way, thank god. Fight when absolutely necessary but not for nonsense like that. Yesterday was a feisty game, and I love that. But if someone gets a ban from the incident after the game then it was stupid.

Earnie

The officiating last night was total crap. The Storm slashed everything that moved - disgraceful. No wonder it fell apart in the third. Lammon went off with an upper body injury .I really hope he does not become a casualty

jenks33

Maybe you can save your money and instead of going to games, you can just watch matches from 15 years ago on VHS. Or maybe fight compilations on youtube.

Hockey is only going one way, thank god. Fight when absolutely necessary but not for nonsense like that. Yesterday was a feisty game, and I love that. But if someone gets a ban from the incident after the game then it was stupid.
Agree with you, particularly this season with 19 man rosters. I don’t want to see us getting players suspended because of silly incidents after the buzzer. I know it was feisty towards the end of yesterdays match but if you’ve got the 2 points in the bag just shake hands and get out of there. I thought what Carruth did was unnecessary, whether Hamilton raised his arm at the last second or not Carruth was skating into him no matter what. Carruth knew exactly what he was doing. I get why people find it entertaining but what if one or two of our players get suspended for a couple of games and they miss the Belfast match? I don’t think that will happen but what if it did? Is that worth it? Not for me.

Mazzoak

Jesus this is hockey not Raiders of the lost Arc, its not all about trophy hunting......so what if a player gets band. I’d prefer a player or two getting one or two game ban than three or four players injured for several weeks because we are the team that doesn’t stand up when it gets dirty.

Hockeymad

Jesus this is hockey not Raiders of the lost Arc, its not all about trophy hunting......so what if a player gets band. I’d prefer a player or two getting one or two game ban than three or four players injured for several weeks because we are the team that doesn’t stand up when it gets dirty.
Carruth was the only player out of hand last night.

We all know Louis and batch will stick up for the team when needed.

Last night wasn't needed

Carruth was the only player out of hand last night.

We all know Louis and batch will stick up for the team when needed.

Last night wasn't needed
I sort of get what you are trying to say but last night it was needed. Cox/Sanford/Lammon were being bullied all night and we did nothing to respond. Keeper gets slashed several times and its not the D men asserting anything, its Crandall.

For me the likes of Louis/Batch need to step up there and either give it to their guys or send a message another way.

Waller has been hammered twice this year and we have done nothing to respond.

Swarley

I sort of get what you are trying to say but last night it was needed. Cox/Sanford/Lammon were being bullied all night and we did nothing to respond. Keeper gets slashed several times and its not the D men asserting anything, its Crandall.

For me the likes of Louis/Batch need to step up there and either give it to their guys or send a message another way.

Louis has stepped up this year when Duggan was crushed by Ellerby.

He's also only just come back form injury so can't really expect him to jump straight back into possibly getting injured again especially with how short benched teams are ending up.

Wannabe2

Spot on buddy, we all know Batch and Louis are tough, they have been our guardians for awhile now but that seems to be in the past for some reason, have they lost the appetite for looking after the more skilful guys, has that enforcer passion eroded. Last night was crying out for someone to step up to the mark and say sod you lot, but it never was forcoming and hasn’t for awhile now. No one wants a knuckle dragging arsehole, but we all want that guy that says you can bugger off mate, a Faryna god how we miss that guy he could play and he had that passion. When it’s left to a Crandall or Cox, that’s a poor scene.

JT666

The day we have 100% snowflake hockey is the day I stop going.
The games already got boring, skillful yes without a doubt and great to see but not for the whole 3 periods, so dull.
What next, touch Rugby? Personal space football?
Thank God someone is on my wavelength! It’s already becoming boring and sterile enough without telling the characters like Caruth to calm down.

JC23

Think about it; You speak to anyone, anywhere who isn’t a hockey fan, what’s the first thing they mention? Fighting.

Physicality brings in new blood. Brings back fans and turns them into long term fans who one day will understand the skilled side of the game and think less about the fights.

I’d hazard a guess that 99% of people here are fully engrained into hockey fandom, but even then a lot of us (myself included) miss the physical game.