Devils Vs Växjö Lakers - Tue 16 Oct - CHL

Bazza

Loved the game. Was superb to watch, gutted finished as it did.

2nd period we seemed to come out really wanting to put the hits in which seemed to throw them off a bit and we looked so good.

Agree with comments that there were some very poor refereeing calls. One guy skated holding Linglet's stick under his arm and Chuck was done for hooking?!

Hopefully we will have more CHL next season - and maybe the season ticket package(s) could be revisited to get more bums on seats?

BostonBart22

Attendance very low I would say roughly 1400..
Chl just is not for us and il be glad when it’s over tbh.
Bearing in mind both teams out of chl before the start and 2 home games coming up on the weekend i thought the crowd was good and prob best atmosphere this season, drummers were up for it as well, well done to them...and what a claasic game to watch...

d20

Fantastic game and a hell of a comeback by our guys after being 0-3 down ,a few years ago if we'd played these teams we would have hardly touched the puck in the last 2 years we have competed against top, top teams and but for the bounce of a puck and not so many " light " penalty calls on us ( again last night) we may have had a few more different results.

How some Devils fans dont come to these games amazes me ,they are some of the best games and some of the best hockey you will see,this is why we win the league to get this opportunity and I hope we win the league again so we get another chance in this competition.

Well done to Lordo and all the players for their effort last night and in all the games they really are making us proud and representing the EIHL and showing British teams can compete , finally thanks to Steve King,Craig Shostak,Brian Parker and Kelly Hughes cos without these guys we would'nt be in the place we are now and have the chance to witness these games.

pjj365

Loved the game. Was superb to watch, gutted finished as it did.

2nd period we seemed to come out really wanting to put the hits in which seemed to throw them off a bit and we looked so good.

Agree with comments that there were some very poor refereeing calls. One guy skated holding Linglet's stick under his arm and Chuck was done for hooking?!

Hopefully we will have more CHL next season - and maybe the season ticket package(s) could be revisited to get more bums on seats?
From where I sat the Linglet call was one of a few good ones.

Chuck was hooking away like mad, his opponent closed his arm on the stick at which point Chuck let go, arms in the air and drawing the refs attention to it.
Good ploy but it failed. Love the spirit shown - you have to take your chances.

I really enjoyed the CHL games this season. I thought last nights was a cracker and the effort put in by our guys was immense. Its a good test against top end competition. I really hope we get to do it all again next year, I see it as nothing but very positive.

Gough60

MORE CHL next year please boys.
What a game. GOAT's unassisted shorthanded goal worth the ticket price alone.
Poor officiating has spoilt so so many of these games for all teams. May not have won a game but boy do the others in our pool
know they have been in a game.
As I said at the start..... More please.

matbur

Best hockey game I've think I've ever attended live. It had absolutely everything, that penalty killing in the third was something else.

So proud of the team. The CHL has been great for us.

Slartibartfast

All I could think while watching that performance was that this team is going to tear the league apart. The skill level and team work was off the charts.

How good is the Swedish league? Watching laxers right now losing 4-2 and currently 8th in there league!!

Was this the best chance for devils to beat them as they will surely get better not worse.

Yes we did when they finished champions in 2017.

But this year they are not the same and are struggling but the devils team have improved and we didn’t beat them this season :(

From watching the old European challenge games in the late 90s its great to see Cardiff back up there in the CHL coming up against the best teams in Europe and giving the sport in this country a real chance to showcase the rising abilities of our teams and players, particularly in light of the GBs recent promotion. If the Devils are to progress as a club commercially and drive up the standard of our players and the league then the CHL is how it will happen. It is disappointing not to at least get one win from the games this year that the performances deserved and other than against Salzburg, the side have been right in the game to the very end. The team will hopefully learn about the mental and physical endurance required at that European level and take it into the EIHL games but they must not get complacent.