Does anyone else find it annoying...

Thread starter #1
Ok - I'm going to have a little moan:

Does anyone else find it really, really annoying when people get up and traipse around the rink during play. Do these people not understand that they are blocking everyone's view or do they just not care? I know that everyone is desperate to get their beer or whatever but getting up bang on 2 minutes left in the period so that they can beat the crowds to the bar whether play has stopped or not is plain rude! And worse than those are the kids who just seem to run around whenever they feel like and then stop at the top of steps and shout up to their parents - just because you are short doesn't mean you aren't in the way!

I'm fed up of constantly having to lean sideways off my seat to see around these people. Does anyone else feel like this or have noticed that people don't seem to be honoring the 'don't get up during play' code or is it just me being picky? :(

Gaz G

Very harsh on the "kids" (depending on what age you are talking about).
Understand your point about people if they are wandering around during play but if there is a stoppage with 2 minutes left i really cant see a problem with people getting up and going downstairs.

Russky

Speaking from a stewarding perspective, I find it amazing that people are willing to get up and move about while the game is in motion, risking injury to themselves. There are Health and safety issues of moving around while the game is in motion i.e. beware of flying pucks! Stewards we are instructed to allow people to come down the stairs while the game is in motion where as people at the bottom of the stairs are politely asked to 'wait for the NEXT whistle' before allowing them up the stairs during a stoppage in play.

Perhaps Paul (Sullivan) could announce a two minute warning towards the end of the period breaks and politely ask people to return to their seats! I know he does make announcements requesting that fans have 'consideration for fellow fans' and not to 'leave their seats' while the game is in motion.

Another bugbear of mine is people moving around while the Welsh Anthem is played! To me Its very disrespectful!

I sort of agree with the main post, at the Nottingham game, I missed not 1, but 2 goals because these "kids" were messing around infront of me. So I think It's fair to say that I don't think the comment about the "Kids" is harsh at all!
However I think it's acceptable if people quickly nip down the stairs during a stoppage with 2 mins left, although some people do tend to dither about and frustrate some people!

Scott.

Thread starter #5
I have no problem at all with people moving around while play is stopped. If people want to go to the bar in the final two minutes than that's their prerogative (I wouldn't want to miss those minutes myself) but it would be nice if they could wait until the play has stopped. What I notice is people getting up as soon as the clock hits two minutes left and wombling down from their seats while the game is in progress, blocking the view for everyone

The kids I was referring to are usually from about 10 years and up - old enough to know better really.

It is only been a problem I've become really aware of this season. I sit in the same place I have for the last few seasons and I don't remember it ever being this bad.

Chris

Administrator
Give em a slap, no matter how old they are...

*ahem*

But yes, it is very annoying, quite why it is so hard for people (including children) to not move whilst the game is in play is beyond me.

Can't be that hard to wait for a stoppage can it?

Chris.

Thread starter #7
Chris said:
But yes, it is very annoying, quite why it is so hard for people (including children) to not move whilst the game is in play is beyond me.
Why do they even want to move? I'd much rather be watching the hockey. But then I suppose they have a pretty good view standing in front of everyone :p

Generally speaking it doesn't really bother me if someone gets up and blocks my view for a second or two. I'm amazed at how rude some people are to those who are moving around. Most the of 'movers' are probably newbies and probably don't appreciate how they might be blocking someone's view by getting up during the game. After seeing how some people are talked to/shouted at I'd be amazed if they ever came back. Some hockey fans can be very rude and childish.

PS - I don't move around during the game!

TheStub

When I was down the other week, I noticed this too. What amazed me, when I politely pointed out to a family, who I assumed were n00bs, they were fairly abusive in return. They then dawdled down the stairs, blocking yet more views.

They did this in all the periods, including leaving before the end of the third to beat the rush. When I told them it was going to OT I was told I was wrong.

Mind you, they also complained because we were making too much noise _ no need apparently.

Finny

A couple of weeks ago we had these three girls who seemed to be walking past blocks 2, 3 and 4 every 5 minutes or so.
They were walking really really slowly because they kept turning to watch the game - completely oblivious to those of us in our seats. Eventually someone told them to hurry up, at which point they stopped and stared at the person who had shouted at them.
So i (having had a bit to drink admittedly) joined in "Ignore them love, I'm enjoying staring at your big asses instead of the game".

After that they didn't walk past me once! :shock:

Skippy

El Supremo said:
Generally speaking it doesn't really bother me if someone gets up and blocks my view for a second or two. I'm amazed at how rude some people are to those who are moving around. Most the of 'movers' are probably newbies and probably don't appreciate how they might be blocking someone's view by getting up during the game. After seeing how some people are talked to/shouted at I'd be amazed if they ever came back. Some hockey fans can be very rude and childish.

I have to agree with you there, don't mind someone walking past at all

TheStub

skippy said:
El Supremo said:

It depends. Quickly, and without fuss, no problem. Dawdling and abusive when challenged? No thanks!

Well we are looking at changing our season ticket seats - and I know the people behind us are too.

We sit in block 9. Nearly every game, people in sponsor's blocks/people dealing with sponsors are up and down during the play. In all honesty it's been a bit better this year but still happening.

I agree that kids shouldn't be running around in front of people. A lot of kids are there because they want to watch the game (my son is 8 and sits and watches it all). The few kids who seem to be giving ALL the other kids a bad name here are probably dragged along because their parents want to watch the game, and it is a long time for them to sit still if their heart is not in it.

Instead of knocking the kids, feel sorry for them.

I do agree that the adults should know better than to move during play, it is just totally inconsiderate. Asking the compere to mention this is a good idea.

skippy said:
But you stand at the plexi. ;)

It is really annoying when the linos get in the way, do you think they'd mind if I asked them not to move round during play? :D

drainage

Have to agree with Stub ... if someone waits until a break and hot foots it off not an issue. My problem is the numptys who stand in front of you and debate whether they like their allotted seats or who should sit in what order !!!!

On a serious note am surprised the reverse of tickets doesnt have a seating layout - the number of people who are miles off their correct block is bonkers !!