DOPS Changes

Mazzoak

Thought the hit was clean, close to the mark yeah, but bodies moving on ice, at speed, can in milliseconds turn that around into a bad hit. I’m happy, got a decent physical challenge.

jenks33

It’s pointless referring to incidents years ago, they’re just not relevant anymore with the DOPS/Situation Room set up now. Let’s be honest if someone had smacked one of our players in the head like that, we’d be calling for supplementary discipline to be dished out. Marjamaki just can’t make that hit these days, and expect to get away with it. How he has, I’ll never know - he should have got 2 games for me.
Agree with you. If that was Farnham on one of our players I’d want a ban. I just don’t like the Self Righteous/It’s not fair nonsense that Belfast and Sheffield are banging on about. Do we get an easier ride than the lower budget teams when it comes to dops? Yeah probably. Do we get an easier ride than Belfast/Sheffield/Notts? No chance.

Gisland

the next meeting is the last weekend of regular season , would be very surprised if a player from either side risk an injury or ban with the playoffs the following weekend..
Not a chance......This incident is dead and buried. The Current EIHL era doesn't allow for grudge matches. IF Cardiff feel they dodged a bullet well and good. As other posters have noted, stop belly aching and going all snowflake. If and when this type of hit comes knocking at the door of your team, suck it up..

terry hunt

Except for the minority of loonies around the league this should now drop.
Its served its purpose of selling more tickets for upcoming games,