Evan Mosey Signs

kettdevil1

Mosey one of the best in the EIHL for the past few seasons? Utter nonsense. Blood was one of our best D men and threw his weight around and would fight. We aren’t seeing much hits as it is and we lack one less tough guy. Mosey won’t be one of our best D men....

Mosey may be good for about a team like Fife but we have enough skill in this team. We’ve clearly panicked, and I was expecting better (AHL, SHL quality) if I’m honest. There’s better players out there. Rather disappointed tbh but see what happens eh.
Stating the obvious.... Mosey is coming to us from the AHL (via a stint in Denmark...).... I am struggling to think of a better utility player in the EIHL, so yes, I would say he is one of the best in the EIHL. My question mark is how it will all fit together as I expect that we will announce a final signing in the near future.... certainly the quality of Mosey is not an issue?

august04

Underwhelmed?
Seriously?

We find out less than a week ago that one of our players has been offered a contact he can’t turn down. Within a week we agree a compensation package for him AND sign a player whose been one of the best in the EIHL over the past couple of seasons.

I’m delighted with this signing. To get a player of this quality at this time of the season at such short notice is quite remarkable.
I think he’s a very good signing at this stage of the season and I hope will provide a much needed boost, but let’s be honest, Mosey has not been ‘one of the best in the EIHL over the past couple of seasons’. I didn’t think he played particularly well for Panthers last year and he didn’t play in the EIHL the year before that. I liked him a lot in their CC win season 3 years ago so I hope we get that Evan Mosey. I don’t think he’s a replacement for Ben Blood though, I reckon that one is still to come.

Wish I felt more excited by this. Wow factor is missing for me and I can’t see it giving the dressing room the lift that’s really needed at the moment owing to poor form and Benny’s departure. Panthers fans on the whole don’t seem too bothered that he’s signed for us which is not a good sign in my opinion. As a main rival for the league title, I’d be a lot happier to read of anguished cries by their fans than comments such as "you'd struggle to say that it makes Cardiff any worse." I just hope that they and I turn out to be hopelessly wrong.

Devil_Abroad

Mosey one of the best in the EIHL for the past few seasons? Utter nonsense. Blood was one of our best D men and threw his weight around and would fight. We aren’t seeing much hits as it is and we lack one less tough guy. Mosey won’t be one of our best D men....

Mosey may be good for about a team like Fife but we have enough skill in this team. We’ve clearly panicked, and I was expecting better (AHL, SHL quality) if I’m honest. There’s better players out there. Rather disappointed tbh but see what happens eh. Blood was a tall defensive D man and we sign a small offensive D man
I think Mosey isn’t a replacement for Blood. I also do not believe the ownership rush into signings. Mosey was well liked by Lord when he left Panthers the first time and would have signed for him when returning from the AHL had it not been for his respect to Nielson having promised to give the Panthers first refusal. I’m sure they continued to talk to him.

Hearing tonight from a Panthers fan that Faryna is possibly out for the season and if so then this signing makes perfect sense as he is primarily a forward who also plays on D. He can now offer short term cover on D whilst a replacement for Blood is found in the next week or so.

If indeed Faryna is out for the season then we would still be able to bring another quality D and have one extra import as cover.

Mind you, if we’ve found our true form again by then maybe the second D won’t be required, again.

Hope Faryna is able to fully recover from his current injury as he is a spark for the team when they come out flat in certain games; missed him for this very reason this week.

terry hunt

Is this a record he has not landed yet and is being written off.
Give him a chance at worse he is an experienced extra player who has played with most of our GB players.
If he is hungry to play for GB at the next word championship he could be a major asset for us.

tim78

Come on all this is an excellent signing. Yes we're missing a large Dman but Lord is a proven coach, the owners are fantastic at supporting the club. We have nothing to fear and are in the game for everything.

Any new player adds interest into how they play and this is a guy I thought 8000 Nottingham fans loved in their team.

Welcome to Cardiff Mosey.

d20

Is this a record he has not landed yet and is being written off.
Give him a chance at worse he is an experienced extra player who has played with most of our GB players.
If he is hungry to play for GB at the next word championship he could be a major asset for us.
He's already here was in the rink tonight ,seriously some people not saying he's good enough this is s good signing and won't be the replacement for Blood that will still happen .

Foxy

Wish I felt more excited by this. Wow factor is missing for me and I can’t see it giving the dressing room the lift that’s really needed at the moment owing to poor form and Benny’s departure. Panthers fans on the whole don’t seem too bothered that he’s signed for us which is not a good sign in my opinion. As a main rival for the league title, I’d be a lot happier to read of anguished cries by their fans than comments such as "you'd struggle to say that it makes Cardiff any worse." I just hope that they and I turn out to be hopelessly wrong.
At the end of the day its an extra body.... As Lord said its a long season with 80+ games to be played. We only need to pick up an injury on D and we would be totally screwed. I'm always dubious about returning players but he has a good CV so lets wait and see.

As for Nottingham fans.... of course they're going to say i wouldn't want him back but that's not what they were saying last time he left them:)

KaneDevils

At short notice, we sign a player with eihl experience, playing for one of the top teams, a guy who has played at a high level, a player who has won trophies and can play defence as well as forward. And you still ain't happy?

DevilDom

Good player, decent signing and good that he will be in for the weekend but not the wow factor I was hoping for after losing Blood and I’m not sure he is what we need. We already have stacks of skill and speed on the team but where we have fallen foul in recent weeks is lacking that little bit of something different when things aren’t going our way. If he is in addition to a big stay at home D man then I’ll be happy, but I also hope he will be in addition to Faryna returning as I don’t see him as a replacement for him either.

I’m pleased we’ve moved quick to get him in quickly especially with the run of games we have coming up and I think his versatility will be extremely useful down the stretch but I just hope we are still in the market. Lord and the management rarely make a bad decision so I have faith.

zoesdevil

I think Mosey isn’t a replacement for Blood. I also do not believe the ownership rush into signings. Mosey was well liked by Lord when he left Panthers the first time and would have signed for him when returning from the AHL had it not been for his respect to Nielson having promised to give the Panthers first refusal. I’m sure they continued to talk to him.

Hearing tonight from a Panthers fan that Faryna is possibly out for the season and if so then this signing makes perfect sense as he is primarily a forward who also plays on D. He can now offer short term cover on D whilst a replacement for Blood is found in the next week or so.

If indeed Faryna is out for the season then we would still be able to bring another quality D and have one extra import as cover.

Mind you, if we’ve found our true form again by then maybe the second D won’t be required, again.

Hope Faryna is able to fully recover from his current injury as he is a spark for the team when they come out flat in certain games; missed him for this very reason this week.
Agreed, he could be a short term cover on D then technically he is Bloods replacement, but as you said will fot perfectly if Fsryna is out for the seaeon giving more time to find a perfect fit for Blood, with no rushing or pressure involved.

hip check

On the Devil's site it says that we've lost a great player in Ben Blood and now signed another great player to fill that void, hmmmmm.

tim78

On the Devil's site it says that we've lost a great player in Ben Blood and now signed another great player to fill that void, hmmmmm.
It may be so, we're that offense that maybe we need a Dman who has speed to help on the break outs that are punishing us and not someone who can shift players from the front of net. Though I'm not sure all the goals against are on the break but there's a fair few.

Gazza272

If we had signed Mosey and he had never played in the UK previously, there wouldn't be a shred of negativity about this signing.

For us to have signed a player straight out of the Danish league, with very recent AHL experience in November is a great great pick up. Added in that Mosey is a proven winner, can't wait to see him get started this weekend.