Evan Mosey

fridaysfingers

Thread starter #1
Just thought I’d start an early rumour…..
I was just thinking about how we would have faired in the CC cup final if we had signed Mosey as a forward this season. He would have been able to slide back to defence and given us a greater chance to win (while fully acknowledging how close we came to winning)
So with his great friendship with Mac Carruth as well as Duggan would he be tempted back next season.
As he explained in his first appearance on 2 ales, his not signing this year seemed like a lack of communication rather than not wanting to return or not being wanted.
Alternatively Carruth could be tempted to Sheffield by their friendship lol
Any thoughts

BostonBart22

Just thought I’d start an early rumour…..
I was just thinking about how we would have faired in the CC cup final if we had signed Mosey as a forward this season. He would have been able to slide back to defence and given us a greater chance to win (while fully acknowledging how close we came to winning)
So with his great friendship with Mac Carruth as well as Duggan would he be tempted back next season.
As he explained in his first appearance on 2 ales, his not signing this year seemed like a lack of communication rather than not wanting to return or not being wanted.
Alternatively Carruth could be tempted to Sheffield by their friendship lol
Any thoughts
That's a big worry for me, mac is an outstanding nettie and best in the lge by far, he will be tempted by a bigger offer no doubt by steelers especially as there 2 netties are not performing as Sheffield would like..hope not.

Mazzoak

I’m with BostonBart22, the making it in this league to go onto a better league doesn’t always pan out. Sheffield will want him and will probably be successful.

Kevlar68

It's all about ambition with any sportsman.
As you say it doesn't always pan out but for every player that has failed there are players who have succeeded.
If they don't try they'll never know.

Wannabe2

That's a big worry for me, mac is an outstanding nettie and best in the lge by far, he will be tempted by a bigger offer no doubt by steelers especially as there 2 netties are not performing as Sheffield would like..hope not.
There again Steelers wanted Voth, Hotham, Martin,Register, and didn’t get them and I believe they wouldn’t get Carruth if he stays in the UK. As Skalde said let’s get out of this shithole.

Devils86

Mosey - unless Skalde considers all his various options of recruitment and plumbs for EM as a last resort, I wouldn't go back. For me, whilst it may be incredibly petty, the Orange just wouldn't wash out. I presume I'm in the minority but I can't connect with mercenaries like EM, and the same with Blair Riley.

As for Carruth, love him to stay. The Steelers could offer him a load of money, but playing with one friend...is it enough to be a proper lure? Compare Devils org and fanbase to the Orange. At best it's a sideways move.

Next season will be fascinating to see how Skalde recruits after a year's experience of the league - and most importantly (PLEASE) a return to 4-line hockey.

kristian

Pretty sure said on 2 ales he is very happy in Cardiff and told his agent to sign a 5yr contract with us.
Probably a bit tongue in cheek. But just shows he happy with the club the org and life in Cardiff

MA18

Mosey - unless Skalde considers all his various options of recruitment and plumbs for EM as a last resort, I wouldn't go back. For me, whilst it may be incredibly petty, the Orange just wouldn't wash out. I presume I'm in the minority but I can't connect with mercenaries like EM, and the same with Blair Riley.

As for Carruth, love him to stay. The Steelers could offer him a load of money, but playing with one friend...is it enough to be a proper lure? Compare Devils org and fanbase to the Orange. At best it's a sideways move.

Next season will be fascinating to see how Skalde recruits after a year's experience of the league - and most importantly (PLEASE) a return to 4-line hockey.
Mercenaries?! He wasn’t offered a contract with the Devils. He has to earn a living somewhere, hardly a mercenary.

Wannabe2

9 teams in 7 years is a lot though, he is a good player and obviously versatile but we move on now as he has. Young hungry players to me are the business, throw in a bit of experience and hopefully get the right balance.

Thread starter #15

I’d agree with most of what you say but calling Mosey a mercenary is a bit harsh.
He had signed with the Devils but covid got in the way, and then through a misunderstanding it didn’t happen (quoting him on podcast).
Moved from Nottingham to AHL, a move not to be sniffed at

Swarley

I'm fully expecting Mac to head to Sheffield next season, if he does go he can never come back as orange doesn't wash out lol, he's a great net minder and a decent bloke but I think he will go where he can make the most cash.

MA18

I'm fully expecting Mac to head to Sheffield next season, if he does go he can never come back as orange doesn't wash out lol, he's a great net minder and a decent bloke but I think he will go where he can make the most cash.
Surely if he’s going anywhere for money he’d head further afield than Sheffield.

Devils86

Mercenaries?! He wasn’t offered a contract with the Devils. He has to earn a living somewhere, hardly a mercenary.
Here's the problem - so many different versions of what happened. I won't presume to know the truth. Hands up: I haven't heard the podcast and his side of things. I have been told that the deal was agreed and then he went back asking for more money. But who knows - I'm sure Evan does.

But to me in any even after the way the Devils stood behind him with his injury...to then sign for the Steelers...it still smarts.

Nothing wrong with being a mercenary at this level of sport - it's just that I won't love them the same way I would another player. I didn't warm to Blair Riley for the same reason - I still celebrated his goals, but I didn't get his name on a jersey etc etc.
If we remained with 3-line hockey next year I wouldn't pick Mosey over anyone currently here.