Fan Council Updates

Dear fellow Fans,

As a Fan Council Member I should like to post My own views of our progress over this season so far.
Just to step back to the start of the season:
We volunteered to represent Fans putting forwards to a; the owners and their management team b; Devils management team. In our own time and not looking for favour or reward.
1: Early meeting with the then management was warm and they requested feedback that they would review and action as required. Subsequent meeting. The management didn’t attend nor fed back to us any actions. In fact no actions were progressed.
2: Meetings with Devils management carried on and good dialogue on a number of topics were progressed. Arena safety the main issue addressed.
3: We set up a desk in the Bar to come and meet us with any issues or topics, not much was fed back to us.
4:At the point the Devils management were in negotiations with the owners Greenbank. Rightly so, meetings were postponed.
5: At our last meeting we were appraised of the transition of management of the arena to Devils management. A reasonable number of issues were reported back as fixed. ( Price lists, Service at Bar and Food. Etc.) A great deal of plans were related to us to improve the match night experience. Minutes of this meeting were delayed in circulation due to Steelers and Giants weekend. No issue there I would say!!!
5: Outstanding main issues: Car parking. Still in progress, new issue More Baby changing areas required. Devils management to action a.s.a.p
The reason I am relaying these actions to you is that I find on reading some of the Forum remarks on our Fan Council, bordering cryptic, boorish, self important and rude. We raised a questionnaire to engage our fellow fans, distributed them around the Arena. Collected a collated the issues. Fed them back to both Devils and the them management. As an aside; we were presented with a hostile reception to this action alone. Some of our Ladies were told in no uncertain manner to clear up the Arena as we made the mess with our questionnaire. Off the top of my head less than 3% returned them to us. I wonder how many of those of you that post your comments on this forum responded. Far from sitting on our hands a great deal of our time has been dedicated to this seasons progress.
We have, no argument the best Club in the league, Team owners to die for, Management and growing Fan base, a fantastic venue. The issues we have addressed to date range from Health and Safety to minor. We can raise any issue or topic without fear of banning or reprisal unlike other Clubs. All I ask is if you have an issue come and speak to us. Our aim is to address these in a timely manner and raise a timely report back to you.
Phil Pepper Block 9 K6 find me on FB or Twitter Happy Hockey Days ALL VIEWS ARE MY OWN

Hedd Wyn John

I didn’t respond to the questionnaire because I didn’t have a pen, as only 3% responded I suspect I wasn’t the only one. An online questionnaire would be handy.

Not a joke..... I did not respond either as I didn't have a pen.

It's very rare that I have a pen on me but if it was online or a pen at the desk to use I would have provided feedback :)

Dear fellow Fans,

As a Fan Council Member I should like to post My own views of our progress over this season so far.
Just to step back to the start of the season:
We volunteered to represent Fans putting forwards to a; the owners and their management team b; Devils management team. In our own time and not looking for favour or reward.
1: Early meeting with the then management was warm and they requested feedback that they would review and action as required. Subsequent meeting. The management didn’t attend nor fed back to us any actions. In fact no actions were progressed.
2: Meetings with Devils management carried on and good dialogue on a number of topics were progressed. Arena safety the main issue addressed.
3: We set up a desk in the Bar to come and meet us with any issues or topics, not much was fed back to us.
4:At the point the Devils management were in negotiations with the owners Greenbank. Rightly so, meetings were postponed.
5: At our last meeting we were appraised of the transition of management of the arena to Devils management. A reasonable number of issues were reported back as fixed. ( Price lists, Service at Bar and Food. Etc.) A great deal of plans were related to us to improve the match night experience. Minutes of this meeting were delayed in circulation due to Steelers and Giants weekend. No issue there I would say!!!
5: Outstanding main issues: Car parking. Still in progress, new issue More Baby changing areas required. Devils management to action a.s.a.p
The reason I am relaying these actions to you is that I find on reading some of the Forum remarks on our Fan Council, bordering cryptic, boorish, self important and rude. We raised a questionnaire to engage our fellow fans, distributed them around the Arena. Collected a collated the issues. Fed them back to both Devils and the them management. As an aside; we were presented with a hostile reception to this action alone. Some of our Ladies were told in no uncertain manner to clear up the Arena as we made the mess with our questionnaire. Off the top of my head less than 3% returned them to us. I wonder how many of those of you that post your comments on this forum responded. Far from sitting on our hands a great deal of our time has been dedicated to this seasons progress.
We have, no argument the best Club in the league, Team owners to die for, Management and growing Fan base, a fantastic venue. The issues we have addressed to date range from Health and Safety to minor. We can raise any issue or topic without fear of banning or reprisal unlike other Clubs. All I ask is if you have an issue come and speak to us. Our aim is to address these in a timely manner and raise a timely report back to you.
Phil Pepper Block 9 K6 find me on FB or Twitter Happy Hockey Days ALL VIEWS ARE MY OWN
Well said!

Hedd Wyn John

I filled my feedback out at the desk and there were pens available. But even if they weren’t for others, people have had the opportunity all year to either take a pen with them, or take the form home to fill out!

A poor excuse for not providing feedback in my view.
It’s not an excuse. The response rate was 3% & I’m telling you why. Its great that the fan council have taken their time to get opinion from the fans and put work into doing that, but if people want a higher response rate then maybe taking some feedback about how the survey was conducted would be a good idea.

Doing questionnaires & surveys is a part of my job. In my experience people won’t take forms home with them to fill out. (How many empty forms were left in the arena for instance) if people don’t have a pen their unlikely to go looking for one unless they really really have something to say.The younger generation are also less likely to fill in paper forms.

With an online survey you’re not having to print out 3000 forms, you don’t have to supply pens, you can leave the link up all year to collect results and it’s also far easier to collate and analyse the feedback. Just a few pointers that’s all, I wish the fan council all the best with what you’re doing & keep up the good work.

Mazzoak

I’d certainly fill out an online questionnaire. The council maybe need to have a web presence so that feed back, contact can be made easily and confidentially.

youngbob

I’d certainly fill out an online questionnaire. The council maybe need to have a web presence so that feed back, contact can be made easily and confidentially.
Getting that onto the Devils website shouldn't be too difficult, the team management obviously support it

Sheincar

Can rink staff please check loos before games to ensure plenty of soap and loo rolls? Also can a bin be placed near basins as people use loo roll to dry hands & then leave it around basins. Wifi not great but never had it so not too worried.

Kevlar68

Having worked with WNIR, Devils and Supporters from 1996 to 1998 and could i just add a few insights if that's ok to relay on in your meetings. Just a few ideas really after the CC Final.

1/ Is there anywhere else in the arena apart from the downstairs food serving area to get a hot drink?
Could the bars in the arena have table top push button hot drink dispensers on the back bar.

2/ Even though there are numerous bar areas within the arena could two portable small bottle only bars be situated either side of main bar area to alleviate pressure from the main bar?
I was in the bar just talking to supporters and i watched one couple in the cue. For them to get from the place they joined the cue to the bar to be served it took them over 15 mins. If there was a quick bottle only bar people may go there to get a quick service and take pressure from main bar. If its a plastic bottle its just take money, hand bottle over and away they go.

3/ The hospitality boxes. They look a bit harsh and sterile. All they need is tinted windows and you got good interrogation rooms.
I've looked in to booking one for a game but the bar itself looks better than hospitality suites and usually the hospitality suites are of a better standard than the bar. The way they look put me off booking.

4/ Gents toilets only one hand drier right by the sink so if a cue starts they cue across the sinks, maybe another dryer somewhere else in there.

5/ Could the TV's in the bar have the first five minutes of each period displayed on them so people can still see the game at the end of the drinks cue. After 5 mins the TV shuts off so all supporters will have to be in their seats to watch rest of period.

I won't bore you with endless suggestions and its most probably all been said before so sorry if it has as new to forum but not new to Devils.

pjj365

If you talking about toilets in the bar - point 4 - there is another dryer near the cubicles. I won't go into the logistics of getting there from the basins

On point 1 - if there is no public skating you can get to the drinks vending machine in skate hire. Also there is a coffee machine behinds the main bar but I hate to think what serving coffee here would do for queues

Kevlar68

If you talking about toilets in the bar - point 4 - there is another dryer near the cubicles. I won't go into the logistics of getting there from the basins

On point 1 - if there is no public skating you can get to the drinks vending machine in skate hire. Also there is a coffee machine behinds the main bar but I hate to think what serving coffee here would do for queues
The only place for hot drinks seems to be in that area of skate hire. Coffee machine behind main bar i have never seen on during match nights. If your in block 17-18 that end of arena a hot drinks vending machine around there on a back bar may be of some help.

I've only ever used the toilets in bar and think only one dryer in there, i may be wrong.

Thanks for reply.

Last edited: