Fan Council Updates

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
The fan council met on Tuesday 1st August to get feedback from IAW regarding the queries sent through by Devils fans. Unfortunately there was no representation available from IAW so we are not in a position to report back at this time. The Devils management was present and have assured us they are doing everything in their power to make changes that will improve the fan experience.

Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 5th September and IAW management will be invited. If you have any ideas or comments you would like us to put to the IAW representatives or Devils management please email fc@cardiffdevils.com or contact any one of the fan council members.

The fan council would like to supplement the feedback to Greenbank (owners of IAW) so we are currently comprising a feedback form for the start of the season. We hope that having the additional numbers of Devils related emails will help identify some of our collective challenges that are outside of the Devils managements ability to change. Look out for these on your seats on 9th September 2017

We really appreciate your feedback to make our club even better.

So basically IAW management and Greenbank have no interest in any comments regarding the issues at the IAW. I guess we just need to wait for the soon to be coming winding up of the business and hope new owners are as business orientated as the Devils owners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

august04

If IAW management were invited and didn't have the balls to front up, then that's an absolute disgrace. What a complete waste of time filling in those feedback forms. It seems that unless Devils management can make or are allowed to make/pay for any changes, then we aren't going to get any. What happened to this super new lighting system that Paul Sullivan mentioned? Back to the gloom of the existing lighting? It seems they can't even afford to change a light bulb never mind make the numerous improvements that we all know are needed (a bit flippant I know). How unlucky is it to get this new arena and then have to put up with such inept arena management? Shambolic.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #4
To clarify, IAW staff are employed by Greenbank. The feedback forms go to Greenbank not IAW. I'm not saying one is less culpable than the other but it is possible Greenbank are starting to listen or understand due to the feedback hence why we've planned our own feedback form/ questionnaire to keep it up, they just need to prod IAW too. Your other points stand :)

To clarify, IAW staff are employed by Greenbank. The feedback forms go to Greenbank not IAW. I'm not saying one is less culpable than the other but it is possible Greenbank are starting to listen or understand due to the feedback hence why we've planned our own feedback form/ questionnaire to keep it up, they just need to prod IAW too. Your other points stand :)
IAW staff are employees of Greenbank, why the no show if Greenbank are asking for feedback, a simple request for a staff member from the IAW to attend is all that was needed, as a mark of respect and a sign of interest. Playing the blame tennis game is another red flag, a sure sign an organisation is possibly about to pull the plug.

James

Administrator
Thread starter #6
Fine questions I don't have the answer too. IAW were most certainly supposed to attend (a meeting in their own building) which is why a dozen fans on the fan council and several members of Devils staff were in attendance. Unfortunately the IAW staff (who knew the meeting date two months prior) had to cancel

august04

I think I'd be inviting Greenbank representatives to the next council meeting, as well as IAW management. IAW staff are more likely to turn up if they know their bosses will be there too. That's where the feedback forms were sent, so might as well discuss direct with those guys rather than the shambolic and inept IAW management.

It might be worth inviting local residents as well, because of the parking issues, l would also suggest local police and parking enforcement dept of the council, hell even invite the local MP. As Mr King has stated Greenbank are not interested in the opinions and suggestions and offers of help from the Devils Organisation and owners, the fan council alone will simply be ignored.

The Fans Council has raised the issues in relation to parking and security during our meetings with Devils management. We can confirm that the Devils take these matters very seriously and it is good to see the committed efforts they are making to improve these issues. Our meetings with Devils management are positive and constructive. Please let us know about any issues you want us to raise to improve the match night experience for fans.

Our meetings with Devils management are positive and constructive. Please let us know about any issues you want us to raise to improve the match night experience for fans.
It's good to know, although l would certainly welcome announcements of the said issues being addressed and changes being imminent as opposed to simply acknowledging them. There are not really any issues beyond the ones that are glaringly obvious and those already being discussed. Let's hope council meetings are not going to simply repeat current issues.

Bazza

Hi everybody

There should be a member of the fan council sat in the bar area pre-game and during the first period break for every home match.

Unless some strange health and safety rule stops us, we should have a poster up to help you spot us!

Comments/questions/moans etc welcome. (Preferably constructive criticism if need to moan!)

Next meeting with the Devils management is a few weeks away so good time to pass on your thoughts.

Cheers

Barrie

Leighton

Hi everybody

There should be a member of the fan council sat in the bar area pre-game and during the first period break for every home match.

Unless some strange health and safety rule stops us, we should have a poster up to help you spot us!

Comments/questions/moans etc welcome. (Preferably constructive criticism if need to moan!)

Next meeting with the Devils management is a few weeks away so good time to pass on your thoughts.

Cheers

Barrie
they were indeed there for the last home game as I went over for a chat.

august04

We completed a questionnaire for Greenbank during the off season, plus another one for the Devils/fan council at one of the pre-season games too. I think an update from the fan council in response to those would be very welcome.

Bazza

We completed a questionnaire for Greenbank during the off season, plus another one for the Devils/fan council at one of the pre-season games too. I think an update from the fan council in response to those would be very welcome.
Hi.
We had hundreds of surveys back - thank you to everybody who took the time - and we have collated the results/feedback.
The next meeting with the management will be covering this and allow us to then provide these results back to the fans.
Watch this space...in a few weeks!
Barrie

Kal

I'm pretty sure the bar has always had a tariff just off to the side on the left of the bar. It's A4 and not very flashy if i'm remembering right.