Fan Ownership/Trust

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
I think I speak for all fans in acknowledging the fantastic job the current owners have done since coming on board. Going back to the previous ‘regime’, I don’t think we could have hoped for better owners and we have certainly been blessed.

Sadly, in sport and in life nothing lasts forever and change will always happen. At some point our fantastic owners will move on/leave and that is inevitable. Horrible thought I know.

The aforementioned point does worry me somewhat in having ridden as a fan the roller coaster ride that Cardiff Devils Ownership brings, how can we as fans (if that is at all possible) ensure the club doesn’t fall into the hands of how can I say it, not such desirable ownership in the future.

I know that a number of sporting clubs around the world have gone down the route of trusts / part fan ownership and I was I intrigued to hear what other fans (and the current ownership group of they are reading) thought of that model.

Agree, we couldn’t ask for more so can’t entertain the thought of anything other than the owners we have. I’ll face any change if there is one when I have to, but hope that is many years down the road!

Diablo3

The current owners don't do this for profit. They do it because they love the club. No way are they ever going to dump us in it. They would at least do due diligence if you could ever pry the club from their grip. I've seen fan ownership before in football, it ends with the club going bust for lack of investment.

Mazzoak

I wouldn’t worry too much. Most of the “bad people” thrive on holding all the Ace’s or giving the impression they do.