Final 2019/20 EIHL League Table (Theoretically)

Thread starter #1
For my latest article I wanted to take a look at the league as a whole. Using a really easy formula, i worked out how many points each team theoretically should gain from now until the end of the season and creating a predicted final table.

I only looked at past results, home vs away and RT vs OT. There is obviously a lot more statistics to look into a teams chances of winning a match including luck and mistakes which you cant account for.

Nevertheless, it was really interesting to see how the teams get on and if you want to check it out the link is down below:

https://downthebay.wordpress.com/2020/02/13/final-2019-20-eihl-league-table-theoretically/

tim78

I like how you've put the predictions in for each game, just makes this weekend games really critical as 2 wins for the devils will means you'll need to re-evaluate... we'll expected an updated version come Monday ;)

Thread starter #4
I might do it when every team has 10 games or less. You'll also be happy to know that when you take away home and away the Devils come out on top. So there's lots of possibilities!

Thank you.

Several Devils supporters on the Inferno have already said that they think Sheffield are a better team than the Devils this season and expect them to go on and win the title. That is a perfectly legitimate viewpoint for them to take as Devils fans based on what they’ve seen of the 2 teams, to date at least. However, while they might expect the Steelers to be crowned champions, I’m certain that, with the possible exception of one alleged supporter, they are very much hoping that they are wrong and Devils go on to win the prize.

As a Devils supporter yourself, I presume you also share that hope and would much rather see the Devils win than your theoretical prediction in favour of Sheffield be correct? In which case, I’m puzzled as to why you would choose to "like" Dave Simms’s post on THF in which he "hopes to God that you’re right" (in your predicted win for Sheffield). Not trying to raise a big issue with you Jacob, just genuinely puzzled.

Thread starter #8
Thank you.

Several Devils supporters on the Inferno have already said that they think Sheffield are a better team than the Devils this season and expect them to go on and win the title. That is a perfectly legitimate viewpoint for them to take as Devils fans based on what they’ve seen of the 2 teams, to date at least. However, while they might expect the Steelers to be crowned champions, I’m certain that, with the possible exception of one alleged supporter, they are very much hoping that they are wrong and Devils go on to win the prize.

As a Devils supporter yourself, I presume you also share that hope and would much rather see the Devils win than your theoretical prediction in favour of Sheffield be correct? In which case, I’m puzzled as to why you would choose to "like" Dave Simms’s post on THF in which he "hopes to God that you’re right" (in your predicted win for Sheffield). Not trying to raise a big issue with you Jacob, just genuinely puzzled.
The like was only to show appreciation for reacting to my article. Every comment on the forum should have been liked I think

I want the Devils to win as much as anyone else it just happened that they finished second through the formula I used.

Mazzoak

Thank you.

I’m speechless........

For the record, I’m a Devils fan, l hope they win the league, the playoff‘s and the trophy knobody cares about, unless their team lose it.
I also don’t care if they don’t win anything, I enjoy Ice Hockey as a sport, l honestly don’t care who wins, who loses or how it’s achieved or who l watch. I’m just as happy watching Nottingham play Sheffield.

The like was only to show appreciation for reacting to my article. Every comment on the forum should have been liked I think

I want the Devils to win as much as anyone else it just happened that they finished second through the formula I used.
if you re-read my post Jacob, you will note that I presumed that to be the case.

Clearly, we have different interpretations of what "liking" a post means. If I state a viewpoint and somebody says they like what I’ve said, I take it to mean that they share that viewpoint. Others can interpret it differently. That’s fine. Like I said, it’s not a big issue although some may consider it undesirable to "like" anything Dave Simms says, lol.

Thread starter #11
if you re-read my post Jacob, you will note that I presumed that to be the case.

Clearly, we have different interpretations of what "liking" a post means. If I state a viewpoint and somebody says they like what I’ve said, I take it to mean that they share that viewpoint. Others can interpret it differently. That’s fine. Like I said, it’s not a big issue although some may consider it undesirable to "like" anything Dave Simms says, lol.
All good haha, just use it to show it's been seen and appreciated.