Flames vs Devils - 19 Sept 19 - CC

Rob Batch

Thread starter #3
My thoughts on Murdy are... it would be ideal to play him at every obvious oppertunity but our ambitions demand we use our best available options to command an early advantage. If Bownsey ever gets injured we are going to need Murdy to be 'up to speed'. How do we achieve both ambitions ?

ASHIPP

Think Tom will play one game. He needs opportunities to keep match fit and in that mindset. No reason we won't give it everything against Flames and Blaze. Away games are always tough regardless of opposition. Devils would probably prioritise the League as that's what gets them into Europe.

BostonBart22

Not to sure if overtime is involved but i would be happy with a point at their pad, flames very strong on their pad as past results show v the top 4 from last 2 seasons..

James

Administrator
Flames may be short benched. Rumours that Lundin, Davies and Lee will not play tonight and that Craige has had to return to Canada temporarily for personal reasons.

kingmo19.1

I personally don’t see the point in keeping Bowns in net while we are 3-4 goals up in a game - at that point get Murdy in to build his experience and that also gives Bowns a break! If it went pear for Murdy, they can always swap back in the same game.

Interesting to see the talk about Murdy. Hopefully we do see him this game. He's definitely up to standard and I think its great to be able to call him a back up. I think he'll take the opportunity with both hands should he play tonight.

Anyways, if you want to check out the preview here it is!

Diablo3

0-1 to the Devils after first period. 2 x 5 on 3's killed and loads of other penalties given against us. Masi misses a penalty shot. We out shot them 16 11.

moggy#9

What the hell is going on with all these penalties tonight? It seems very uncharacteristic. Are they a) being sloppy, b) using it as an opportunity to practice their penalty kill, or c) being subjected to awful officiating?

Diafol

Anyone else constantly refreshing the Twitter page ?
It's like being back in the dark ages glued to Teletext on a Saturday afternoon.

Meanwhile the Flames take a 3-1 lead :(

kettdevil1

Officials have clearly decided to call everything which is fair enough but they have missed a few blatant ones and that is causing frustration.... exciting game of hockey (as ever here) but we need to keep our discipline. Benti’s penalty was not clever and there are a few others who can see he red mist..

Our opening goal was a thing of beauty....

Get our discipline back and we will win this but ... Lordo has got a big job in his hands in the changing room calming them down