Flames Vs Devils - League - 2nd Apr 22

ASHIPP

Got to feel for our Guys...came very close to a comeback win but the damage had been done. Playing 4 D is killing hopes of consistency ...the Guys are already exhausted after a first (last night) of back to back games this weekend. A point gained nevertheless.

Let's hope for a return of at least 1 more player,or some sort of defensive support otherwise it could be a very difficult road to the Playoff weekend.

BostonBart22

Got to feel for our Guys...came very close to a comeback win but the damage had been done. Playing 4 D is killing hopes of consistency ...the Guys are already exhausted after a first (last night) of back to back games this weekend. A point gained nevertheless.

Let's hope for a return of at least 1 more player,or some sort of defensive support otherwise it could be a very difficult road to the Playoff weekend.
Heard mikkleson has gone home..has anyone else heard that..mcnulty still here though.

august04 2.0

Really? And unlikely to return?
Wasn’t he the one rumoured to be coming back this weekend?
Anyway it’s a good point tonight but we still can’t seem to come out firing on all cylinders, a problem we've had all season and seemingly can’t rectify. A great comeback though.

Mazzoak

You're right, but it's good that we are scoring in bunches, it also helps if we are on a winning run for confidence when we hit the playoffs
We seem to
Can't go into playoffs with 4 D
True. Which may explain why we are playing conservatively, 3D is worse & why bringing in 6D could result in going to the playoffs with 4D. Trust in Skalde, Todd and Steve to bring into the playoffs the best team possible.

jenks33

I get it when some fans say they don’t care what happens in these games and it’s all about the play offs. Let’s be honest if we picked up 0 points or 4 points this weekend it wouldn’t have changed much. For me though I’d still like to think that most of these players are looking at these remaining games as a chance to win a contract in Cardiff next season.

Devil94

He was at the rink last night. I believe he’s doing an MA in Cardiff MET so I’d imagine he’s hoping to be around next year.
Cardiff Met deals are only 1 year. This is different to other teams I believe, most if not all other uni deals are 2.

MA18

Cardiff Met deals are only 1 year. This is different to other teams I believe, most if not all other uni deals are 2.
Really?! Are you sure? That’s a big ask full time study and full time playing. Not a particularly attractive proposition.

Devil94

Certainly was the case last season played, and the few years before that since the partnership with the Met started. Haven't heard that it's changed.
It depends, would be attractive to some, less for others. An older guy who is nearly done with hockey but gets a chance to do an MBA would prefer to get it over and done with in a year. Might be the case with Mikkelson. A younger guy that still wants to concentrate on a hockey career, maybe not so much.

I’m not saying they’re not tired because 4D is frustrating and they’re logging some big minutes.
I’d expect them to start the second game ok though and then tire towards the end - strange how they started ‘tired’ and then gained the energy for a good comeback. Hoping to keep something in the tank and backfired?

Kevin roog

Haven’t these lacklustre performances being going on since September though,.apart from the month or six weeks after Xmas which was great

moggy#9

The club seems to have plugged many of the leaks that existed in previous seasons. The rumours will get wilder and wilder. The only source I'm really prepared to trust is from jenks' surveillance van. ;-)

Kevin roog

I was queuing at the USA sport desk Saturday and the guy behind me was telling his son”carruth had signed for Sheffield, anyway kozun is the better goalie” ahem