Flyers vs Devils - 8 Dec 19 - League

Slartibartfast

Been a clinical performance so far. Flyers really stepped up the effort in the second but Devils defended well. Only one mistake lead to the Flyers goal. 4 Devils were around the net leaving a hole at the back leading to a 3 on 1. To be fair though it looked like a good scoring opportunity so I can't blame them for taking the risk.
Haddads goal was a beauty. He is so confident in front of net now.
No stupid penalties in the third please and the game is ours.

Mazzoak

That was easier than expected, will take those points all day, although a weakened Fife still showed some issues that haven’t been addressed.

Slartibartfast

Well after I said don't take stupid penalties, they took stupid penalties. The holding on Haddad was BS but Jardines penalty was just dumb when a game is so close.
The encouraging thing though is that when the Devils make these mistakes now they can cancel it out with a goal where as a month ago they could not buy a goal.
Yes there were mistakes but overall this was another very encouraging performance. These new lines have certainly been a game changer.
Im back to enjoying watching this team again.

Wannabe2

Well if there’s one thing I hate it’s being negative, but I just watched that game and by god we started well against a very weakened Flyers team, and then we were all over the place, 2 1/2 lines gave us the fright of our lives, and pushed us to the final whistle. So 4 point weekend in Scotland be it deserved, or be it fortunate we now move on. Hopefully the better the opposition the better we play.

Hedd Wyn John

Once the Flyers got a couple of goals they got the wind in their sales. Luckily the Devils were able to score at the right time to finish them off but I think it was a case of switching off and cruising which could have been costly.