Flyers Vs Devils - League - 19th March 22

Gisland

The point being made is unless someone is on the injured list they should not be carrying a spare player.
This might be incorrect but here goes.

Each team can have a maximum number of 28 players in one complete season. Made up of 2-way players in addition to full-time team players. The number of non-homegrown players shall be placed at a limit of 20

On game day, the limit of non-home grown players shall not exceed 14, with no limit on homegrown players. 19 players inc 2 x goalkeepers shall be the maximum permitted on the game sheet.

Looking at the Giants roster they look to have 13 non-home grown players, 14 if you now add Mullen to the squad. So adding Mullen brings them up the maximum of import players they could ice. The remainder of the squad appears to be classed as homegrown,

Whistle, Garside, Long ,Hook,Conway,Stewart,Dickson,Beattie,Robinson,Hamil.

All in all the Giants have a current squad of 25 including Mullen. 3 short of the 28 maximum

Currently non are injured although suspect after the game with Manchester some might be sitting out a few games.

august04 2.0

If that was the case then it makes the EIHL looks very bush league! Begs the question why wasn’t this put in writing? Would you trust a Steelers handshake?

They should be docked points for that sort of behaviour - makes a mockery of the league.
As you say, what makes a mockery of the league is the fact that the rules and punishments for breaking those (if indeed anyone has) are not binding. Handshake agreements? What’s all that about?! I remember reading during the pandemic about how the league would never take fans for granted again, including statements like that from our club too. This season has been a bloody farce, with short benches featuring throughout and the overall standard dropping because of things like that - and on top of that we've being hit with a major competition changing format halfway through the season), increased play off ticket prices (after the league changed the initial date and the extra costs that that decision incurred for fans), excessive season ticket price increases for next season etc. etc. The league management needs to take a long, hard look at itself and get a grip for next season. They’re a shambles. I don’t mind paying a little more for a season ticket next year if these issues are addressed, but if we see a repeat of this year, then next year will be my last season ticket.

rocketbob

Each team can have a maximum number of 28 players in one complete season. Made up of 2-way players in addition to full-time team players. The number of non-homegrown players shall be placed at a limit of 20

On game day, the limit of non-home grown players shall not exceed 14, with no limit on homegrown players. 19 players inc 2 x goalkeepers shall be the maximum permitted on the game sheet.

Looking at the Giants roster they look to have 13 non-home grown players, 14 if you now add Mullen to the squad. So adding Mullen brings them up the maximum of import players they could ice. The remainder of the squad appears to be classed as homegrown,

All in all the Giants have a current squad of 25 including Mullen. 3 short of the 28 maximum

Currently non are injured although suspect after the game with Manchester some might be sitting out a few games.
Having 10 homegrown players (and thus 5 'spares') is in my opinion not within the spirit of the rules as I thought spares were not allowed. Even if it is within the rules then it is completely unsustainable at the league level.

Wannabe2

Out of interest how much has a season ticket increased, as I don’t know the answer to that. I agree that the league has dropped a few bollocks this season to alienate and upset the very people that the league depend on, some of those decisions probably have been made with Corona virus in mind,but some should have been changed once the virus was obviously settling down. The playoff plan has been a total shambles from start to finish, and these are league decisions and not our clubs, myself I don’t think our club has been unfair to be honest, we had free webcasts for some games as a gesture, we will be refunded for games lost, and there’s probably some good reasons why we didn’t sign additional players but only the club know the answer to that one. 3rd in the league is very acceptable, losing a cup final, especially in overtime short benched to probably the best team in the league is very acceptable, and the playoffs still to come where anything can happen especially if a few guys can come back. One things for sure we have a organisation that wants to win, as much as anyone of us, we kick it with the best in a 3100 seat arena, and I am confident that our guys will want the very best for us all next season, especially if we can get back to normality, myself I am hating the season finishing, having gone through so much shit like everyone else, I look forward to going to the rink and watching this great sport, and seeing so many friendly faces, in the meantime we still have a few weeks to go.

Having 10 homegrown players (and thus 5 'spares') is in my opinion not within the spirit of the rules as I thought spares were not allowed. Even if it is within the rules then it is completely unsustainable at the league level.
The last 5 in that list are local 2-way players that have only been used to fill any gaps, for experience etc. Think Bayley Harewood x 5

bozman

Out of interest how much has a season ticket increased, as I don’t know the answer to that. I agree that the league has dropped a few bollocks this season to alienate and upset the very people that the league depend on, some of those decisions probably have been made with Corona virus in mind,but some should have been changed once the virus was obviously settling down. The playoff plan has been a total shambles from start to finish, and these are league decisions and not our clubs, myself I don’t think our club has been unfair to be honest, we had free webcasts for some games as a gesture, we will be refunded for games lost, and there’s probably some good reasons why we didn’t sign additional players but only the club know the answer to that one. 3rd in the league is very acceptable, losing a cup final, especially in overtime short benched to probably the best team in the league is very acceptable, and the playoffs still to come where anything can happen especially if a few guys can come back. One things for sure we have a organisation that wants to win, as much as anyone of us, we kick it with the best in a 3100 seat arena, and I am confident that our guys will want the very best for us all next season, especially if we can get back to normality, myself I am hating the season finishing, having gone through so much shit like everyone else, I look forward to going to the rink and watching this great sport, and seeing so many friendly faces, in the meantime we still have a few weeks to go.
£1:60 per game

oh well roll on august our season is done.by the time play offs come around we could be missing more players and our players will be fatigued and maybe carrying niggles.even if we make the semi can we beat two top clubs in two days with the numbers we've got left?if we manage that it'll be a miricle on ice.

Gisland

Not sure if that would be correct. The roster limit was set at 28. So they would be 3 under the maximum. Now they cant all ice of courser so I am Not really sure how you are getting a spare 5 players

Gisland

Whats the situation regarding The Devils roster. Including injured players. how do you stack up with import and home grown?

moggy#9

That sounds very different to what we were told at the beginning of the season.

pjj365

Whats the situation regarding The Devils roster. Including injured players. how do you stack up with import and home grown?
I make it 21 with 5 Brits with what looks like 2 imports and 1 Brit out to the end of the season - could be a couple more imports though - just not that clear
Stand to be corrected though

Jonesy83

Think the top price Devils season ticket is £588 next season.

Think Belfast have announced theirs at £400….I’m sure I saw that on Twitter.