Frolunda

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
Watching frolunda on freesports, it's both amazing and terrifying to think that the devils will be playing them in less than a week. I hope that lordo has a hell of a game plan.

doron

i got to admit, i watched that as well. its going to be a hell of a game, any team is beatable if you have the right game plan + luck + 150% commitment to the course. 60 minutes of sitting on the puck is needed.

BostonBart22

we only need a win i believe , by frolunda standards they should walk it at their barn , if i was coach i would be telling the players that the home tie is shit or bust and save some legs for that game..thats just my opinion before someone jumps on me for being negative.. good luck to the devils for the 2 games...

DaveSmith

I think we need to take a game to OT to go through. Even that is a huge ask.

It’s the hockey equivalent of Barry Town v Real Madrid. But miracles do happen, you never know.

doron

i believe in the thought. that if we just stay defensive they would eventually overrun us massively, if we man mark, well theres to many good players to do that , so i would say don't give them any time on the puck, follow through with the checks, keep them to the sides, and stay out of the box, it would be interesting to be in the head of the coach on this one, ? couch ( that guy is a hothead if we pressure him all the time he will lose the plot and take a penalty ) i do think this needs to be a physical game though

moggy#9

Thread starter #6
They look amazing in transition, and have the ability to make something out of nothing offensively. I think the key is to prevent them entering our zone cleanly and then win the physical battles on the boards. The away leg is going to be a learning exercise. The home leg may depend on whether they're safely through. We may be looking for our friends from Graz to do us some favours.

Diablo3

There are a couple of thoughts on this one. The first is they won't be used to the physical nature of the EIHL, so we could take them a little by surprise if we get our act together, giving us an advantage in the away leg. Having said that, if it goes to form and they win their home leg I think they are through anyway, so the return in the Viola may be easier. Either way we need two points to go through. One thing is for certain, I am going over there so plan to enjoy every minute.

terry hunt

They are a very good hockey team .We take penalties against these we will have problems.
Great to watch i am looking forward to seeing them at the Viola.
I hope they may be a bit arrogant in their selection and gameplan.

moggy#9

Thread starter #9
To be honest if the opponents weren't tough enough, the devils have to deal with an utterly ridiculous schedule over the next couple of weeks. The league should be doing everything it can to give the devils and Belfast the best possible chance in the CHL.

Meridian

To be honest if the opponents weren't tough enough, the devils have to deal with an utterly ridiculous schedule over the next couple of weeks. The league should be doing everything it can to give the devils and Belfast the best possible chance in the CHL.
Problem is the teams work the schedule out amongst themselves, the devils would have agreed to this schedule so can't blame the league