Future of the playoffs?

Thread starter #1
Unfortunately for e me for the first time in years I have been unable to attend this year's POFW for a couple of reasons but mostly I couldn't be bothered going through the stress I did last year for a ticket. So what's your ideal play off scenario a best of 5 or 3 or another location. Personally I would like the play offs in Manchester arena as its a bigger arena and a change of scenery.

Ger-Devils

No ice plant anymore I believe
It’s long gone as far as I’m aware?

Not sure if they host any of them Disney on Ice events and maybe hired plant or something?

The league make too much cash from this weekend. Where that money goes, I honestly don’t know.

Best of 3 would be ideal to be honest. Yes costs can be high for club and fans due to last minute bookings but will give the playoff trophy more of a legit stake in being the main trophy to win?

I’ve not been to playoffs in 3/4 years with buying a house and moving so my costs doubled straight away with flights added in and don’t think the weekend is worth the spend when for the last two years, I’ve had 5/6 day trips to CHL in Europe so kind of a holiday thrown in with the hockey and sun.

Thread starter #4
Tbh best of 3 is more legitimate and professional but I love the POFW experience although the allocation isn't enough and with the phone lines opening on a workday or queuing up in dead winter outside iaw (viola) that is a non option for me, maybe replace the CC with the Pofw but I'd like something to make it easier.

Ocko

I would personally combine the POFW and challenge cup and have a weekend tournament like we have now the weekend after the regular season finishes. Then start a playoff series best of 5 the following week. Gives the league their cash cow and then a proper play offs that are actually worth something.

Samael

POFW isn't going anywhere as it generates too much money for the league to be axed. That being said, I'd prefer to be held at neutral (Wembley) venue, but that's far too professional for this mickey mouse league of ours. Disney on ice is about right.

Hedd Wyn John

Tbh best of 3 is more legitimate and professional but I love the POFW experience although the allocation isn't enough and with the phone lines opening on a workday or queuing up in dead winter outside iaw (viola) that is a non option for me, maybe replace the CC with the Pofw but I'd like something to make it easier.
Just out of interested what is the capacity of the Nottingham arena? Surely if demand for tickets is so high a bigger venue might be worth scoping out.

pjj365

Just out of interested what is the capacity of the Nottingham arena? Surely if demand for tickets is so high a bigger venue might be worth scoping out.
This has been discussed at length on THF and possibly here
Of existing venues only Sheffield and Belfast can compete.
There is a cost/logistics issue with Belfast and the availability of pubs etc round the DSE - so Nottingham it is

pjj365

Just seen a summary of the Q&A where Nottingham was confirmed as the most viable option for now but Belfast was mentioned as a possible venu

d20

Change the format ,our play offs now need to go to a series like others and make the challenge cup final a weekend thing with 2 semi finals and a final .