Game Night Parking

The problem with Morrisons is that previously there was goodwill on their part to allow fans to park there on Sundays, as it wouldn't have much of an impact on their business, considering they close at 4. For whatever reason the relationship between them and the club appears to have soured. There are also a few 4pm face-offs this time round on Sundays, so there might be an issue with Sunday parking there, let alone on Saturdays.

Sheincar

Whilst we're having a moan, can fellow fans be cooperative with others trying to leave the pool car park. Have parked in there twice recently and some fans have no intention of letting others filter in and practically ram a car to ensure its driver is "warned off".

The problem with Morrisons is that previously there was goodwill on their part to allow fans to park there on Sundays, as it wouldn't have much of an impact on their business, considering they close at 4. For whatever reason the relationship between them and the club appears to have soured. There are also a few 4pm face-offs this time round on Sundays, so there might be an issue with Sunday parking there, let alone on Saturdays.
The problem wasn't the club but the fans. Morrison's allowed us to park there on game nights but asked we didn't park in front of the store when the store was open, but at the back. This was ignored and people parked right at the front even when the store was open, meaning the customers couldn't.

And then people were just leaving their litter everywhere as well after the game. So it was no wonder they got hacked off and stopped the arrangement.

Pope#42

Having read the news feature on the Coventry game I’m quite disgusted to read that not only are people parking in the resident parking zones but they are also urinating on resident’s land. It sounds as though this is a regular occurrence and this time they have video evidence. I hope those who have been doing this are made accountable for their actions as it is truly out of order.

Hedd Wyn John

I sort of get trying to take advantage of what people may see as "fair game" parking (TRU Morrisons) They want to take their chances - up to them

What I don't get is the arrogance of those who park on residents land. If you do this please share your address so we can come and park in your drive/parking space
Yeah people taking up residents spaces is d*ck move. I don’t know the areas per se maybe some signs up saying ‘You will be towed’ could be handy. Unless they already are.

Kal

Yeah people taking up residents spaces is d*ck move. I don’t know the areas per se maybe some signs up saying ‘You will be towed’ could be handy. Unless they already are.
I think the residents only and private land ones should be enough. The fact that it's illegal to park on private land without the owners consent should indicate that there is the potential for you to be towed. Be thankful that thats all they're doing considering how the fanbase are going about this, i've seen people flip/ram/vandalize peoples cars in these situations and you'd have a tough time winning anything if that did happen.

Stop being d*cks and park in the places provided. Wilcox house is nowhere near capacity and you're just being lazy.

Mazzoak

So much for the best fans in the league, if it’s proved that some have urinated in public, parked on residents street, parking bays etc, left rubbish then a ban should be immediately placed. What impression of Wales is this giving to our owners, honestly Todd must have the patience of a saint, he must question why their bothering.

terry hunt

Thread starter #68
These so called fans have been around for a long time .
When we were in the BBT they would turn up at the last minute and park across other cars.I have seen some of them parking in front of the Ambulance.

Hedd Wyn John

These so called fans have been around for a long time .
When we were in the BBT they would turn up at the last minute and park across other cars.I have seen some of them parking in front of the Ambulance.
Yeah it doesn’t create a good image for us fans. I never understood the arrive late mentality tbh, you’re asking for parking trouble if you do that.

Having read the news feature on the Coventry game I’m quite disgusted to read that not only are people parking in the resident parking zones but they are also urinating on resident’s land. It sounds as though this is a regular occurrence and this time they have video evidence. I hope those who have been doing this are made accountable for their actions as it is truly out of order.
I live nearby and last week was not an isolated incident unfortunately. Residents of Cardiff Pointe have to pay for new landscaping through our service charge when people park all over the grassed areas and churn it up. Litter is often left behind and resident's cars are regularly blocked so they can't get out until the inconsiderate fans reappear - at which time the inevitable arguments and shouting starts. I know a family who are moving as a result of the stress of this every game night.

The people responsible should be ashamed. There's no excuse, it's simply down to a minority of lazy, inconsiderate, selfish people who won't walk from Wilcox house on game night.

fdlf666

Yeah it doesn’t create a good image for us fans. I never understood the arrive late mentality tbh, you’re asking for parking trouble if you do that.
It’s not just fans turning up late who do this.
Turning up early you see cars already parked on the pavements, grass verges and even on the roundabout?
There are also also fans who move the traffic cones placed outside the residents parking area so that they can park there.
It won’t be long before the Parking Enforcement Officers call on a regular basis and start issuing parking tickets.

davew

Wilcox house haven't been asked for their use tonight, according to the security chap. Our car park already full as inconsiderate users not parked in bays/marked rows.

Probably a dead horse flogged here but; how on earth did they grant planning permission to the IAW without providing adequate parking provision for events? It's a proverbial shit-show.

Devil_Abroad

It’s not just fans turning up late who do this.
Turning up early you see cars already parked on the pavements, grass verges and even on the roundabout?
There are also also fans who move the traffic cones placed outside the residents parking area so that they can park there.
It won’t be long before the Parking Enforcement Officers call on a regular basis and start issuing parking tickets.
According to the announcement by Todd last night the enforcement is now happening? Hope it continues well into the season until the inconsiderate ones start parking responsibly or stop coming all together.

Devil_Abroad

Wilcox house haven't been asked for their use tonight, according to the security chap. Our car park already full as inconsiderate users not parked in bays/marked rows.
Whilst sat in our car eating dinner a fair few drivers passed by us tutting away - I will not park next to a lamp post! There, everyone happy? Not my fault that on the other side was a mini bus - which had disappeared before we'd returned so maybe they were at the swimming pool.

Hedd Wyn John

In fairness the IAW car park is just poor, lotsof space going to waste as without clear bays people take too much space. Also big areas fenced off & not being used. Presumably those bits not owned by the rink. I park in the swimming pool car park quite regular. You gotta dash there after the game ends as if you are slow getting back to your car it can take a good 20mins+ to get out. (The cars coming out of the IAW car park combined with fans using the pedestrian crossing brings exiting the car park to a crawl)