GB

moggy#9

There's no disputing the gulf in class, but all the more reason for everyone to be be completely in the zone. The first goal in particular was caused by utter laziness.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Swedes had scouted bowns and knew exactly how to beat him.

moggy#9

Well, we'd better get used to this for the next couple of matches. Pete russell is going to have to come up with something to light a fire under this team.

Diablo3

Thought Whistle deserved MOM, he played well, as did the whole GB team in the second/third. I know the game was over after the first but, at least they had some good looks against an NHL nettie

moggy#9

It's something that really frustrates me about Russell's teams that they often seem too start really slowly and then have to rely on a late comeback. They just never seem to come out prepared for the pace or intensity.

I also think that in the first period we saw part of the problem with relying so heavily on bowns. Fair play to whistle, her played a good game considering how few starts he gets at belfast.

How annoying and rude when the commentators talk over the announcer during awarding of team player of the match and even over the interviews of award winners at the end of the game.
I'm sorry, just think that is both arrogant and ignorant.

moggy#9

How annoying and rude when the commentators talk over the announcer during awarding of team player of the match and even over the interviews of award winners at the end of the game.
I'm sorry, just think that is both arrogant and ignorant.
It's not like Murphy and adey have anything interesting to say at point.

Cracking first period by GB with some strong shifts by some of the boys in particular Myers, Richardson, Waller, Perlini and Whistle. Nil to Nil against the USA end of first. Who ever would have thunked it. Come on boys dig deep and the hockey gods be kind.