GB

I think Whistle's stock has gone up in value these past two games. Conceding only 3 out of 38 SoG against $6Million/year NHL players - for a guy who wasn't even the No1 pick for an EIHL side is no easy feat. Fair play to the lad!
He is playing out of his skin and I appreciate it is only 1 and half games he has played but again taking into account who the opposition have been and some of the players that they have and the shots he has faced it shows he is capable of playing at a good professional level.

moggy#9

This is going to be an incredibly tough game and could easily get embarrassing. So, what does success for GB look like? I'd say concede 6 or less, and get on the scoresheet.

If we can see better movement on the pp, some coherent zone entry, and some decent puck retention, that would bode well for the last couple of games.

moggy#9

Good grief, more aimless dumping into the zone. If you can't get zone entry, treat it like a broken play and curl back. At least then you keep possession.

To be fair GB were unlucky that period, but the finns are manufacturing luck by their speed and pressure. The Olympic champs are basically putting on a clinic about how to sustain zone pressure.

moggy#9

It's noticeable how much better the camera work is than the stuff premier sports do themselves. It's just a pity that the stream keeps breaking up badly.

moggy#9

GB are playing the number 1 ranked team in the world, they are hardly likely to skate thru them. Also 3 out of the 4 goals have been lucky deflections for Finland,
That is not what I said. They need to play the percentages. If you don't have a better than 50% chance off retaining possession, just loop back. Even the finns can't score without the puck. I hate dump and chase hockey.

moggy#9

We are the Fife of pool A, it’s a bridge too far for us. But the lads are giving everything they have and that’s all you can do.
To be fair, I think we'll do better against Latvia, but Austria is the real must win. That is doable provided we cut out the stupid stuff. I wish I knew where the goals are coming from though.

Last edited: