Gerad Adams

august04

Thread starter #4
I can't help but think he'd only be interested in a head coach's position, given what he's done at Devils and Steelers.

Ah but he may see coming back to us for the rest of this season as a way back into the league you never know also he's seen what a good organisation we have now so that may be all he wants who knows

JC23

"Thinking of polishing up the hockey CV (resume) and throwing it out there. Time away from the game has proved to be valuable. #newskills" - that is the exact tweet. The reaction has been insane...

ASHIPP

Could mean anything! Whatever he decides to do, he will do it well. G is head coach level in this league but you never know, could be something in an officiating capacity, or off ice using those valuable skills he refers to.

august04

Thread starter #9
Weren't the EIHL looking for a Commercial Director a while back? Not sure what his job was with Royal Mail.

JC23

I think the "#NewSkills" eludes to maybe something different to before. So who knows...personally think G could do a job for anyone in the league in a coaching capacity.

terry hunt

He could be a good addition to assist Lordo if the chemistry was right.
I understand the reluctance for Whistle but as had been said a few months of G assisting Lordo with some success could get him one of the EIHL jobs that i suspect will come available next year(if he is prepared to move to Scotland)

Electro

He'd be a good addition to the club. I'd tear up Lords contract, put him back on the ice full time, he at present has the most value as a player. I've always supported Lord as a coach, with potential. In the current Devils he's too inexperienced to cope as a player/coach, he's too emotionally attached to the players, does not for me have a boss mentality and I'll stick my head out and say if we win anything this year, for me, it'll be down to other teams playing worse than use playing well.

We for sure need some changes in the team. I'd gas a player, don't like naming names so won't and get Adams on the next available form of transport he needs to get to Cardiff. Having said that it would make more sense to wait for the new season and build his own team, the most talented people can struggle to get results from teams they didn't pick.

I have a feeling though he wants Manchester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

He'd be a good addition to the club. I'd tear up Lords contract, put him back on the ice full time, he at present has the most value as a player. I've always supported Lord as a coach, with potential. In the current Devils he's too inexperienced to cope as a player/coach, he's too emotionally attached to the players, does not for me have a boss mentality and I'll stick my head out and say if we win anything this year, for me, it'll be down to other teams playing worse than use playing well.

We for sure need some changes in the team. I'd gas a player, don't like naming names so won't and get Adams on the next available form of transport he needs to get to Cardiff. Having said that it would make more sense to wait for the new season and build his own team, the most talented people can struggle to get results from teams they didn't pick.

I have a feeling though he wants Manchester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Partially agree with the first and (maybe) the last part of the post, although personally I wouldn't replace Pash. Disagree with everything in the middle. G was the perfect coach for us when we were in the BBT but life has moved on and we currently sit top of the league with a group of players who are finding ways to win when not playing well (which is in fewer matches than maybe we think )

I liked G as a coach but I am struggling to understand why we would think of bringing him in and why we would ship out anyone.....

august04

Thread starter #14
I'm not sure if G is the answer either, really don't know. He did a great job for us, often with one arm tied behind his back (maybe both when Ragan was around!). He did the business at Sheffield too though on a big budget and with all the pressure that job entails. I'll say one thing though, his past players seem to respect him a lot and I get the impression would run through a brick wall for him - that's not a bad thing to have In your armoury as a coach, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a crack at another top job in this league. I'm not sure why he'd particularly want the Manchester job though, that baffles me?! As far as the Devils go, a lot depends on Lord I suppose. He's still only 31 and has at least 3-4 years playing at this level if he really wants to. He's a good enough player in my opinion to do that. Can he combine playing and coaching over that period of time? Not for me, as the standard of the league gets higher every year - that's going to be a lot for him to deal with and the expectation that comes with being part of the Devils set up now. So he retires from playing and coaches full time. If I was him, I'm not so sure if I'd want that - you're a long time retired and I'd rather play than coach! Maybe he could work with G, play for as long as he can and let G assume total control on game nights, so that he can concentrate on his own game?

kettdevil1

Stating the obvious, the teams that hold the top two positions in the league both have player coaches so I'm not sure I buy into the view that you can't play and coach....

august04

Thread starter #16
Stating the obvious, the teams that hold the top two positions in the league both have player coaches so I'm not sure I buy into the view that you can't play and coach....
I'm not saying you can't at the moment but clearly as the league gets better year on year, it will become more difficult. I think Walser was coming to the end of his playing career so player-coach was a good option to attract a player of his calibre to the Giants organisation. Lord's was a different scenario with budgetary constraints initially meaning the preference for a player coach, as was probably the case with Pacha and Dobron too. I bet their stress levels are through the roof trying to do both though and I'm firmly of the belief that it will become too much, if it isn't arguably already, to do both - at the top end of the table anyway. Lord may already be coming to that conclusion himself and perhaps we may only see him play again should there be injuries. As I said, I think he's still too good a player and would be in my lineup every week.

august04

Thread starter #20
Pointless thread !
Why is it a pointless thread? I would think it's an interesting discussion point that a man who this club has a great affinity with and who has won the EIHL league title with another team, is considering a return to the game in some capacity. Surely worthy of interest if nothing else. As Jimmy says, perhaps say nothing rather than criticise the topic, if you have nothing to say.