Giants v Blaze challenge cup

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
1-1 from the first leg in Coventry, 4`-0 giants lead in 2nd leg at home only for Blaze to come back to 4-4 and then win the penalty shootout. Blaze go thru, Giants go out.

ASHIPP

In our home game against the Clan,the Devils pulled back to be ahead by one goal on aggregate, only for Clan to finish off an excellent road game and go through.The Giants' fans probably never imagined their team would go out. Perhaps it's not our week to look silly, time for some other team to be laughed at now!

All credit to the Blaze. Historically, a battling Cup team who seem to have found their mojo in the League too.

Gisland

Coventry played a blinder... Gotta love their player's attitude..Good team to watch.. It's good Keefe was so honest in his Belfast Telegraph interview. His usual honesty, but at times, he needs to look inward as well.This is his team, his coaching staff. They need to figure this out. For me, I would have a few players heading home. I would much rather watch an entertaining team win half of the remaining games than watch this team lose half... Been a while since the Giants bottled a game to this degree. I guess if you are going to do, do it in style..

E.D.S.

I would much rather watch an entertaining team win half of the remaining games than watch this team lose half... Been a while since the Giants bottled a game to this degree. I guess if you are going to do, do it in style..
I think we can relate that. Especially last season.

James

Administrator
It could be. I was of the understand that you bid for it if you wanted it and Belfast did that at the start of the season. That could be completely wrong.
That certainly was the case in previous years. Devils were the only one who wanted to host it so they won the bid. Unpopular when teams like shuff are in with a sniff though due to seats available so they probably changed it

Wagstaff

• 1-1 from the first leg in Coventry, 4`-0 giants lead in 2nd leg at home only for Blaze to come back to 4-4 and then win the penalty shootout. Blaze go thru, Giants go out.
    I wouldn’t fancy being in the Giants dressing room after the game when Adam Keefe explained what he thought of the performance!