Giants v Devils - 08/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF 2nd Leg - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

The Giants have a webcast available for this game and it's the standard £8 :) All the details can be found here: https://live.belfastgiants.com/ - it's usually pretty good so it's worth looking at if you don't want to watch text scrolling across a screen, otherwise...

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions; all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Wannabe2

Fairly good webcast, not a patch on our pictures, turn the volume down as the commentary is loud and dire, hopefully the Giants won't score, so you won't have to put up with some jerk screaming down the mike trying his best to make you permanently deaf, and also letting the neighbours know they have scored.

jenks33

Fairly good webcast, not a patch on our pictures, turn the volume down as the commentary is loud and dire, hopefully the Giants won't score, so you won't have to put up with some jerk screaming down the mike trying his best to make you permanently deaf, and also letting the neighbours know they have scored.
Agree with this. The most biased and one eyed commentary team in the league in my opinion, along with the older guy that commentates on the Fife matches. I think ours, Cov, sheff and Dundee are very fair.

Wannabe2

Webcasts picture and commentary
1st Devils, pictures second best to no one, commentary very good.
2nd Stars, great pictures, commentary very good
3rd Steelers pictures good, commentary very good
4th Blaze pictures good, commentary fairly good
5th Flyers pictures fairly good , commentary okay
6th Giants pictures fairly good, commentary lousy
7th Capitals pictures okay, commentary okay
8th Storm haven't watched any but better than nothing.

KaneDevils

Perhaps a slightly biased view from wannabe, but I'd say Steelers webcast is better than ours, not by Much though.
Both good.

Ocko

I'd agree with that. Steelers is the best for me in terms of picture quality, they do slow mo and different angles and it appears close to HD. Ours is good but just behind, Coventry is also similar in quality to ours. However I think our commentary team are one of the best, Coventry are up there too.

Gazza272

I'd agree with that. Steelers is the best for me in terms of picture quality, they do slow mo and different angles and it appears close to HD. Ours is good but just behind, Coventry is also similar in quality to ours. However I think our commentary team are one of the best, Coventry are up there too.

In terms of different pictures etc, Icetime for the Giants game installed a behind the net camera, it showed perfectly that Joey Martins goal was scored with one second left on the clock. and slow mo replays are now available :)

So we are getting there to give as many angles as possible. I'd also not swap Howard for any other cameraman in the league!

Devil_Abroad

Not sure whether it's a technical issue or a problem with the lights but I find the Coventry pictured very dark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gdf

Didn't the Giants used to do an early £5 offer for their webcast? Haven't bought it in a while so maybe that was last season.

In terms of different pictures etc, Icetime for the Giants game installed a behind the net camera, it showed perfectly that Joey Martins goal was scored with one second left on the clock. and slow mo replays are now available :)

So we are getting there to give as many angles as possible. I'd also not swap Howard for any other cameraman in the league!
Big fan of Icetime TV's output Gaz, but while it's being brought up, it would be good to see these other angles and slow motion replays (or any replays actually) in the highlights.

Gazza272

Didn't the Giants used to do an early £5 offer for their webcast? Haven't bought it in a while so maybe that was last season.

Big fan of Icetime TV's output Gaz, but while it's being brought up, it would be good to see these other angles and slow motion replays (or any replays actually) in the highlights.

We have done this in the past (Doucet's goal against Nottingham in the 30th anniversary game springs to mind) it's a balance between getting the highlights out in a timely manner, and putting every single bell and whistle on it.

I will certainly pass on your idea and comments though and if we can do it then we will.

Finny

Perhaps a slightly biased view from wannabe, but I'd say Steelers webcast is better than ours, not by Much though.
Both good.
Biggest criticism of Sheffield's webcast is that the camera isn't centre ice. Great for watching the end the Steelers attack twice, but not so great when we're attacking the far end for most of the game.

Gazza272

Biggest criticism of Sheffield's webcast is that the camera isn't centre ice. Great for watching the end the Steelers attack twice, but not so great when we're attacking the far end for most of the game.
I haven't watched one for a while, but i believe their alternate camera angles are only used for their highlights as well, and not during the stream itself. I may be wrong about that though.

Finny

I haven't watched one for a while, but i believe their alternate camera angles are only used for their highlights as well, and not during the stream itself. I may be wrong about that though.
Pretty sure you are correct. The highlight packages are very impressive but I felt their live stream was a bit disappointing.

Slightly back on topic though, I purchased the Giants stream at the start of the season for the first time in several years and found it a huge improvement.

bdevil

Are panthers serious? It was a slash at worst. Like has been said above, sad for Dimmen that it caused injury but you cant review just because you've had a player injured, not in a sport like ours. Just hope DOPS view it the same....

DevilDom

Are panthers serious? It was a slash at worst. Like has been said above, sad for Dimmen that it caused injury but you cant review just because you've had a player injured, not in a sport like ours. Just hope DOPS view it the same....
Unfortunately I think you are wrong and that is precisely why DOPS is here. Hotham's slash caused an injury whether there was intent or not. I think it will be upgraded to a least a match, hopefully nothing more.