Giants v Devils - Fri & Sat 2&3 Feb 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Lets repeat our success of last season at the "O"

A big effort is called for if we are to retain that League title

We'll be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for both games at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you are making the trip across the Irish Sea texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Devil94

Does anyone know the travel plans for the team this weekend? Did they fly straight from Sheffield or are they going tomorrow morning?

ASHIPP

Reading about the other game played on Wednesday, the Giants won that game against Panthers by adopting the style the Devils normally use when they are playing at their best - relentless forechecking and hassling of opposition forwards so they are limited, and running 3 players in a line behind to shut down any break out, a player permenantly in the goal area looking for rebounds/tap-ins, plus physicality when needed.

Big weekend ahead. Hopefully our Guys will have learnt quickly from Wednesday and get the results they need.

Last edited:

E.D.S.

Come on boys prove me wrong... my head says a heavy loss tonight and narrow loss tomorrow but I’d take two points this weekend.
Heart says two shut out performances and 4 points!! Boom!
Come on lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gospel

Tough tough weekend ahead. Heart says Devils narrow wins in both, head says 2 loses with one being heavy. The lads cant afford to take one period off like they been doing recently. I’ll gladly take any points they bring back.

matbur

Reading about the other game played on Wednesday, I see that Giants won that game Panthers by adopting the style the Devils normally use when they are playing at their best - relentless forechecking and hassling of opposition forwards so they are limited, and running 3 players in a line behind to shut down any break out plus physicality when needed. Big weekend ahead.
Out of interest, where did you read that? I quite like reading about the tactical side of things.

Ocko

How the Giants play against Panthers will probably be completely different to us. I don't think a relentless forecheck, or rather a high 2 man forecheck, is the best thing against a team who will play a high, 2 man forecheck against us. Doing that encourages the D man to clear the puck, and with Belfast playing a high man as they usually do, plays right into them, if the puck gets a tip it puts them on the front foot. I'd prefer us to play smart and either go for a right wing lock or trap, especially in the first game. Let the D man make a pass and suffocate the winger. They're at home and are chasing us, we don't need to over commit players. Let them do the hard work.

matbur

Yikes, nothing against Paris but to be out for so long and to expect him to come into a game of this magnitude is a huge ask.