Giants Vs Devils - 1 + 2 Feb 20 - League

doron

i really enjoyed that game, some good saves by both goalies,
also clear misses

Belfast had a much better game though and matt pelech was a pleasure to watch he was in and out all over the place .

moggy#9

Given belfast's run in and Nottingham's strength (particularly having just brought in another guy), I could easily see us slipping to 4th in the run in. The lack of scoring for us is a massive worry. Frankly, if Haddad got injured, we'd be really screwed. I'd certainly prefer to have points in the bag, than games in hand. Before anyone accuses me of wanting the team to fail, I'd love to be proved wrong. Unfortunately my natural pessimism is showing through.

Disappointing result, could have done with that one with the steelers losing, still 7 behind, need to go all out tonight for the result, Doesn't have to be pretty just get the win

Earnie

We can not go to a Belfast double header expecting to win two. I will be happy to win one.
As for Sheffield we need a shed full of good results combined with some bad results for them. I don’t think that is likely and should they win the League, they deserve it- as RedDevil17 just said.

kettdevil1

Given belfast's run in and Nottingham's strength (particularly having just brought in another guy), I could easily see us slipping to 4th in the run in. The lack of scoring for us is a massive worry. Frankly, if Haddad got injured, we'd be really screwed. I'd certainly prefer to have points in the bag, than games in hand. Before anyone accuses me of wanting the team to fail, I'd love to be proved wrong. Unfortunately my natural pessimism is showing through.
I think pessimism is normal for sports fans. I take the point about Haddad but leaving aside Coventry (who are not going to win the league). We are the second top goal scorers. Sheffield are definitely in pole position but to repeat myself, they keep beating the odds and I really do not think they are the nailed on champions they are being portrayed as. They are going to slip up, our job (and the job of Belfast and Nottingham) is to make sure we are close enough to take advantage.

Hedd Wyn John

I think pessimism is normal for sports fans. I take the point about Haddad but leaving aside Coventry (who are not going to win the league). We are the second top goal scorers. Sheffield are definitely in pole position but to repeat myself, they keep beating the odds and I really do not think they are the nailed on champions they are being portrayed as. They are going to slip up, our job (and the job of Belfast and Nottingham) is to make sure we are close enough to take advantage.
Sheffield may drop a couple of games but if you just compare their scoring ability, no other team comes close. We also don't look winning our games in hand.

jenks33

My issue is the lack of chances we create on the road. To be fair since Christmas I think we’ve created plenty at home. As i said yesterday though in our last 6 away games we’ve scored 13 goals. We ain’t winning anything if that continues

kettdevil1

My issue is the lack of chances we create on the road. To be fair since Christmas I think we’ve created plenty at home. As i said yesterday though in our last 6 away games we’ve scored 13 goals. We ain’t winning anything if that continues
I wouldn’t disagree with the lack of chances but in perspective, we won 4 of those 6 games which is a decent return (I think your figures were before yesterday?) The problem is that Sheffield have been on a superb run and 4 out of 6 is not going to catch them. Having watched Sheffield a lot this season, whilst they are great fun to watch, I just can’t believe they can keep on riding their luck for the rest of the season so if we can keep close, I still think we have a decent shot at the top.

Hedd Wyn John

Good goal from Haddad on what was a much improved PP compared to last night. Giants have been having a lot of possession so we neeed to counter it.