Giants vs Devils - 11 Dec 19 - CC

Mooney#16

Shutting Giants out in Belfast is nothing to sniff at. That’s a real good reflection of how hard the players have worked to turn the ship around. As much as the double header sucked credit to the team how they have responded.

doron

thank god Bowns is a devil, he would be hard as hell to score against, he was on top form again. it was a good game all around, mind you.? i think that fight in the first period was just for the cameras lol.
it looked so funny at the end of the fight.

BostonBart22

thank god Bowns is a devil, he would be hard as hell to score against, he was on top form again. it was a good game all around, mind you.? i think that fight in the first period was just for the cameras lol.
it looked so funny at the end of the fight.
It was the rematch from the games in cardiff in november when big lou offered pelich out but declined..

jimmy snels

i think pelech dishes it out to our players every time he's on the ice. Louis did a great job and also took their captain and #1 d man to the box. only thing id add is with the new 2 fights you're out rule it would be pretty canny to whined him up something chronic afterwards imo.

ASHIPP

Wow a fantastic result in one difficult arena. Bownsey was magnificent. The guys kept it tight under pressure with all those visits to the bin. Repeated pks must e draining but they hung on in there. Lets hope the Devils are fully prepared for the return game next week.

jenks33

Great result, but so much suicidal play by us, boy did we make that so much harder for ourselves, Bowns as usual was Stonewall Jackson thankfully.
Agree with this. Good effort by the boys but I don’t think we were that solid defensively. I thought we were a bit suicidal at times for a 1st leg and Bownsy had to bail us out too often for my liking. We’ve certainly put ourselves in a good position tho.
How has Morrisonn done so far? I haven’t seen much of him but I thought he really struggled in possession last night. Gave the puck away time and time again. I appreciate that he’s probably still a bit unfit having not played for several months before he arrived.

E.D.S.

Just watching the game again and noticed Owen fielding the puck quite away from his crease. Just made me wonder why the EIHL don’t have the same regs as the NHL around where the goalie can field the puck? Do the NHL still do that? If so, anyone know why we haven’t adopted that rule? Ta

moggy#9

Just watching the game again and noticed Owen fielding the puck quite away from his crease. Just made me wonder why the EIHL don’t have the same regs as the NHL around where the goalie can field the puck? Do the NHL still do that? If so, anyone know why we haven’t adopted that rule? Ta
Wasn't that called the brodeur rule to introduce the trapezoid? I suspect that the reason is the difference in ice size and the fact that we don't have a Martin brodeur in terms of pick handling ability.

Slartibartfast

Whats really encouraging for me is the balance of our lines. During a very boring conference call I had a look at the points production of each player and then added it their line. It does not take into account games played so its a bit crude but still interesting.

Line 1 Benti, Martin Riley 46 points
Line 2 Haddad Dixon Batch 45 points
Line 3 Duggan Myers Pope 28 points
Line 4 Linglet McNamee Reddick 31 points

I thought both Linget and McNamee looked better with Reddick than they did on other lines. That line should be capable of some serious point production in the coming weeks.

This team is seriously beginning to shape up just in time for Christmas

moggy#9

Whats really encouraging for me is the balance of our lines. During a very boring conference call I had a look at the points production of each player and then added it their line. It does not take into account games played so its a bit crude but still interesting.

Line 1 Benti, Martin Riley 46 points
Line 2 Haddad Dixon Batch 45 points
Line 3 Duggan Myers Pope 28 points
Line 4 Linglet McNamee Reddick 31 points

I thought both Linget and McNamee looked better with Reddick than they did on other lines. That line should be capable of some serious point production in the coming weeks.

This team is seriously beginning to shape up just in time for Christmas
Given how topsy turvy the league is, if the devils can put together any sort of decent run, they should be able to open up some daylight in the table.

Looking at belfast's fixtures, they again have a ridiculous home run in. I guess there are logistic reasons around it, but it hardly seems a fair situation. Hopefully they'll be easy out of it by march though.

Last edited: