Giants Vs Devils - 9 Dec 18 - League

Hedd Wyn John

To be honest the Giants came out fast had a lot of possession & then scored on the PP in the first period. I was thinking uh-oh the Devils are gonna struggle here. Then the Devils came back & played much better. It was a close game, we had a few opportunities which we didn’t take particularly in overtime but the giants could say the same about their guys. One thing I would say is that we need to putting more traffic in front of the opponents netminder, it’s something that I’ve noticed I’m a few games now. With regards with the penalties, it is what it is - I’m disappointed we didn’t score any. it looked like the adrenaline kicked in and a few guys rushed their shots needlessly. Taking a point is something but if we want to win the league we’re gonna need to beat the Giants in Belfast.

jenks33

Pleased with that tonight. Before the game I was more interested in the performance than the result. It was only a few weeks ago that they hammered us 8-1 and it was men against boys. I wanted to see a performance tonight to suggest that we can go toe to toe with them all season, and I think we got that. To be honest I think Belfast stole two points, we should have finished it in regulation. I thought we dominated the second half of the game, particularly the third period.
Couple of concerns for me (as far as retaining the league) Belfast have got 34 league games remaining and 23 are at home! Another concern is Beskorowany. I just think he’s going to be the difference in these tight games.

Mooney#16

That's a big result for Devils. Two games in hand and could go level on points so no harm done but psychologically after the dismantling in Cardiff the team can rest assured they can easily go toe to toe with the Giants. The series and league are very much back on. Hopefully Devils can take this shot in the arm and really put the foot down and exert some pressure onto Giants and see what they are really made of.

BostonBart22

The way we ben playing last few weeks this point is a bonus, looks a 2 horse race at the mo now, panthers having their annual blip around xmas..the only worry is overtime losses as it could go down to regular wins at end of season, saying that giants involment in the continental cup weekend could be their downfall which is sandwiched inbetween double headers with steelers and devils...bring it on i say..

BostonBart22

Pleased with that tonight. Before the game I was more interested in the performance than the result. It was only a few weeks ago that they hammered us 8-1 and it was men against boys. I wanted to see a performance tonight to suggest that we can go toe to toe with them all season, and I think we got that. To be honest I think Belfast stole two points, we should have finished it in regulation. I thought we dominated the second half of the game, particularly the third period.
Couple of concerns for me (as far as retaining the league) Belfast have got 34 league games remaining and 23 are at home! Another concern is Beskorowany. I just think he’s going to be the difference in these tight games.
Pretty similar run of home games as last season and giants bottled it...

jenks33

Pretty similar run of home games as last season and giants bottled it...
True. Do’u know what the difference is this season? Beskorowany. Bowns is a better goalie than Whistle and Mustokovs. Not sure he’s better than beskorowany tho. I think Besko will steal games for them

Gaz G

Can we ban illiterate people from this forum? I don't post anymore because I can't be bothered with all the bullshit that comes with it. My posts used to be honest, no crap, no brown nosing etc. I've never been one to try and chat with the players etc.

However, the amount of constant nonsense spouted on here recently is cringe worthy.

I'd take tonight's result all day. It's a tough place to go. It's a good well coached and managed team. We have no divine right.

Stop whining, embrace the fact we're still heavily involved in all tournaments and get behind the team.

Also, if you could attend the odd English lesson and make the odd phrase/paragraph/line make sense that would be awesome.

jenks33

Can we ban illiterate people from this forum? I don't post anymore because I can't be bothered with all the bullshit that comes with it. My posts used to be honest, no crap, no brown nosing etc. I've never been one to try and chat with the players etc.

However, the amount of constant nonsense spouted on here recently is cringe worthy.

I'd take tonight's result all day. It's a tough place to go. It's a good well coached and managed team. We have no divine right.

Stop whining, embrace the fact we're still heavily involved in all tournaments and get behind the team.

Also, if you could attend the odd English lesson and make the odd phrase/paragraph/line make sense that would be awesome.
Get off the fence Gaz

Mazzoak

I guess the possibility some people may have dyslexia, lower IQ or for various reasons a poorer education is beyond your high moral intelligence then.
Just read the posts, don’t become ironical.

jimmy snels

enjoyed that game. thought we got stuck in and played hard all night. for me mom was linglet. looked a cut above to my eyes.

i thought it was a game that bowns made some huge saves in but i find it strange people seem to have missed that? i reckon he made 5 absolute worldies tonight.

good on batch for not backing down. not a great fight but something tells me its something he's needs to bring a tad more of just to keep opposition honest around him.

thought someone (morrisette?) was in crease for the disallowed goal and seemed to make a motion with his leg to the puck. would like to see it back.

refs did a tidy job. far better than in the week.

webcast was superb. commentating was a bit here and there factually but enjoyable enough to listen too and seemed to call a straight up game that can, if not done in this way be a bit annoying so well done to them.

BostonBart22

Don't kno whio yoor referring too if it's mee soz fou thatt

Earnie

My conclusions from watching tonight's game is that we are still very much in this challenge. I felt that our passing game and overall possession was superior to that of Giants and we have nothing to fear. There were too many opportunities that went missing. The disallowed goal is still a mystery as it was to the commentators. They got the extra point and their goalkeeper earned them that.

Justtw

I'm too tired to comment on other people's opinions of times game. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it (up until the shoot outs..)! I thought we played some compassionate, professional hockey for 60 minutes and what an EXTREMELY close overtime 5 minutes for us. One is better than none, I hope tonight silenced some people's opinions of the team tonight.

kingmo19.1

Regarding your last paragraph, please differentiate your options by the use of a comma and not a slash. That is exceedingly bad prose old chap! :)

It looks like it,s Mo,s turn to have the abuse now, it looks like a different player every month under scrutiny from
you so called Devils fans. Win, lose, there ain’t no satisfying you, I think you wanna follow a different sport to be honest rugby, football whatever just get off they’re backs as they’re still great team to watch whatever the outcome of the game