Giants Vs Devils - 9 Dec 18 - League

Gough60

Fantastic road game to be fair. Giants had 2 opportunities in OT to win it with a 3 on 1, and a 2 on 1. As did we with the 3 on 1 in between their chances. Mosey was my mom and took his goal so well. As already said some world class saves off Bownsey.
Very disappointed with the shoot out efforts but that's the way it goes (they only scored 1 don't forget). A well fought point keeps us in touch with Giants. Still a long way to go. Get through Clan next objective.

Wannabe2

Well played lads, getting back to our best now, to take a point at theirs is no mean feat and it could have so easily have been 2. Keep it going lads big game now Friday.

Rob Batch

It's hard to judge a game by only seeing the highlights but it looked like two top teams battling for league supremacy. Clearly wrong to say Ferland put Josh on his arse. Even though we lost on pens I think we take alot of positives from that performance. Well done lads.

bb1

Have to say we played superbly and we had plenty of chances to have come away with 2 points. The big concern for me is that we tend to have a lot of puck possession yet not do a lot with it.

Linglet is our top point scorer ~(4th in league) then fournier (11th) followed by joey martin (21). For me the worrying thing is that we dont seen to have an out and out sniper or anyone who can get goals from the dirty areas in the way Faryna did. Blair Riley is no1 in standings atm with 18 goals.

The point i am trying to make is that with all of our puck carrying ability and possession we are just not clinical enough. If we were we'd be back to destroying teams as we did at the start of the season.

With regards to our PP we are number 1 in league.....even though it has been poor. We are always looking for that perfect goal. I loved watching Guilfords PP as they have Ackred with that boomer from the point. Very Cory Nielson like back in the day.

Also when we decide to push hard on the forecheck as we did the back end of last season I think we will be unplayable again. Lord conserving energy???

It's hard to judge a game by only seeing the highlights but it looked like two top teams battling for league supremacy. Clearly wrong to say Ferland put Josh on his arse. Even though we lost on pens I think we take alot of positives from that performance. Well done lads.
You can clearly see that both their gloves come off at the same time. Josh throws all the punches (and connects quite well on a couple), Ferland doesn't throw a single punch. Using your weight to twist and take someone down doesn't count as winning a tilt. it's usually done by players who are coming off second best. I thought Josh had another class game to be fair.

RedDevil17

Having just watched the highlights I have to ask what on earth you were watching?
Prseumably you're not really a Devils fan are are just on here to wind fans up?
He did get dropped and ferland dropped them first then batch only just after. No one landed any clean punches! If I wasn’t a devils fan I wouldn’t be on the forum btw

august04

I wouldn’t have included the “fight” in the highlights. It was a non-entity. There was plenty of real action to show from a really good game.

voth26

He did get dropped and ferland dropped them first then batch only just after. No one landed any clean punches! If I wasn’t a devils fan I wouldn’t be on the forum btw
Think Batch was pushed over rather than getting dropped to be honest, Ferland didn't throw any punches and Batch threw 2/3 at the most

Kevlar68

Watched the game on webcast, great coverage and what a game, neither want to give an inch and both gave it their all. Can't complain at all and Beskorowany is so big inbetween the posts it makes any players penalty shot difficult.

Gazza272

What are you talking about????? Ferland dropped him. I'm pretty sure Josh was unconscious for a minute too.
I certainly didn't see Ferland drop him.

Bath throws a couple, Ferland clearly doesn't like how they felt, so he tied Batch up and recklessly throws him against the Boards, showed very little care for a fellow pro.

Batch didn't take a shift after the fight, so i certainly hope he is ok.

kristian

Just watched highlights game could have gone either way.
Did see webcast yesterday but didn't notice Batch seemed to hit his head on the boards and stayed down for a few seconds after being dragged around.

Now thinking about it can't remember if he was on ice for much of game after that.