Giants Vs Devils - Challenge Cup Final - 16th March 22

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Play as we can and we will take this, anything else and it’s goodnight Vienna. Watching Steelers who are vulnerable themselves take the Giants apart Saturday has to be the momentum we need. When Giants are good they are good, but when they are bad they are very poor, we have taken both Steelers and Giants to the cleaners this season, so as I said play as we can and this game is ours, but every player has to turn up, and every players needs to want it more than his opposite number. Good luck lads let’s do this, believe in yourself this championship is waiting for you to lift it, let’s do it, let’s do it.

Pembo

Do we know who the officials are for this one?? (Praying frantically it’s not Hogarth….).
Am freakin’ pumped for this game!

Wannabe2

Thread starter #7
Can you imagine, I would come onto the ice with my Zima Sleigh pulled by a penguin, dressed head to toe in a Welsh Flag, my whistle would be a replica of a leek, my helmet would be encased in a Daffodil like the Rugby. Wearing number 24 in case I have to slap someone. Belfast would have more penalties than the Clan the other night, and the cup would have the Devils ribbons on it before face off. Other than that I would try to be as unbiased as possible.

Hockeymad

It's a sell out tomorrow.

Now I don't mind having the final at giants but to be playing them in front of a sell out crowd with them holding 90% of the tickets it's a bit unfair.

Tough tough ask for the boys.

But let's hope

ASHIPP

Devils will be regarded as the underdogs for sure. But that has an upside...much less pressure for them than on the Giants who will be performing in front of a large home crowd, in a final, and having lost their last game.

Whilst Giants have beaten the Devils this season, our Guys have beaten the Giants several times. They won't, and shouldn't, fear this game. They are professionals and will not be put off by a hostile crowd, if the players are totally focused.Play the game their way and anything is possible. Added impetus for our Guys is the prospect of playing in a competition final...several of our players will not have had that experience yet in their careers.

The Red Army will be proud of them, win or lose....it takes some consistency through many games to even get to the Final.

Mazzoak

Now I don't mind having the final at giants but to be playing them in front of a sell out crowd with them holding 90% of the tickets it's a bit unfair.

Tough tough ask for the boys.

But let's hope
Extra motivation on us and pressure on Belfast. They won’t want to loose this in their barn, that pressure can cripple a team. We’d love to send one up them in their barn, hilarious, that motivation can make teams fly. Skalde seems to enjoy beating teams in their shit holes, Belfast is a shit hole...

Gisland

What was the split when Belfast played cardiff 2018 cup final. From memory that was a sell out, but not sure what the fan split was.?

Gisland

I Don't like Giants playing at home in these games. Live on TV, sell-out crowd. All the elements for a "fall on their arse" moment. I still recall the BBC showing the Ayr Eagles final live from Belfast. Total train wreck

kettdevil1

I Don't like Giants playing at home in these games. Live on TV, sell-out crowd. All the elements for a "fall on their arse" moment. I still recall the BBC showing the Ayr Eagles final live from Belfast. Total train wreck
I remember that! And let's be fair... we have had the home advantage a few times recently so.... it will make it all the better when we win :)

jenks33

Who do we think is going to be missing from the devils line up tonight then? A few people think we will only have 4 D men? Surely not!? I know several players have sat out recent games but I’m hoping we’ve just been a bit cautious with players carrying niggles.