Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th & 5th Feb 22

Rhyan48

Yes he is normally fantastic but terrible tonight that cost us the game ! Don’t think kozun gets the credit he deserves though he has stood on his head for us every single time he had been between the pipes ! Let’s hope so as I carnt see Sheffield or Belfast slipping up on too many points for the rest of the season ! Points are a must carnt win them all but that was bad

You can't put all the blame on Mac for some of the goals. First one was just sloppy D/Positioning. Another was a 2 on 1 and another was a breakaway. Cant expect him to stop all three of those.

Rhyan48

You can't put all the blame on Mac for some of the goals. First one was just sloppy D/Positioning. Another was a 2 on 1 and another was a breakaway. Cant expect him to stop all three of those.
if you read it I haven’t blamed it all on him said we where poor infront of him ! It 100% was his worst game in a devils jersey , but it is what is is carnt do anything about it now

moggy#9

Carruths worst game in a devils jersey 100% be shocked if he faced 6 shots and let 4 past him ! Yes we we crap infront of him for the 1st 15 mins but no where near his best should of been pulled after the 3rd very latest kozun is excellent he needs a run in between the pipes ! Let’s hope for a better result tomorrow looked like the team we had all been watching up until December !
Thank goodness for the tandem.

OJLloyd

So, I was at the game, and I was also many pints in.

But I feel it’s legitimate to say that that first ten minutes were the worst we have defended this season.

Register has to accept some blame. He was either pinching or beaten to the puck on 3 of the four.

Honestly, it was a case of giving up the ghost after 10. But we did fight back, and I liked that. Riley Brandt understood the assignment. Super clean hit which led to a goal. Fantastic stuff.

Our players have to get over the nervous 10 to start. If we avoid that we win so many more games.

Devils fans were in great voice tonight.

Rob Batch

That last period represents what this team is all about. I have no idea what happened in the 1st. Big Mac had some kind of issue i am convinced. Even dolly parton stood by her man. Twats ! Ref: country music. When we kick arse tomorrow you can kiss mine !! Haha ha .

NathanG

If we can't win the league, I hope the Steelers do (I was just a little bit sick in my mouth). Belfast are just an awful club top to bottom.
Me too. I've been thinking about it for a while. I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike Giants. I just do. I'd much rather see Sheffield win the league

Rob Batch

Bellslow midgets deserve to get their tiny little arses kicked very hard, in my opinion. Am looking forward to watching it unfold. I want to see blood on the tracks, ice bob.

Hedd Wyn John

I have to assume Mac had some kind of issue. That was so out of the ordinary , he is the best in the league so something wasn't right with him. Kozun was fantastic and proved his value to the team. I am convinced tomorrow will be different. Bell slow beware !!
We are so used to our D letting a player in on goal and Mac usually saving the day that it's a surprise when a series of defensive blunders get scored on. He's human. Giants are dangerous. No disrespect but you can make defensive errors against some teams and they just dont have the quality to score consistently. Giants as we saw in P1 are not one of those teams.

Last edited:

BostonBart22

Were we up for it...NO...were Belfast ..YES, seemed like devils just had to turn up and play like they have the last 7 or 8 games but Belfast caught us cold, ok we were bit better last 2 periods only because Belfast had the game won and dropped down a gear to keep some back for tonight,if we dont come out flying like belfast did we could be in the same position at the end of the first period again, few weeks ago thought we could finish runners up , but not so sure now, 3rd would be OK, after the start we had, just need to get on track for cup and playoffs.

JC23

He is a loud mouthed twat, you wait all week to watch a game and then this shithouse spoils it for everyone. And the camerawork is total garbage, will be asking for a refund trying to watch to watch this crap, even the white balance is garbage.
Completely uncalled for mate. I hope you come back to this and review your thoughts today when you’re a little more calm.

moggy#9

Me too. I've been thinking about it for a while. I can't quite put my finger on why I dislike Giants. I just do. I'd much rather see Sheffield win the league
I think that it comes down to the fact that while some if the Steelers fans are annoying, Belfast seem to have a lot of fans who have little knowledge and are deeply unpleasant. Belfast don't have a single player that I like, whereas the Steelers at least have mosey, who I wish we could have kept.

jenks33

Some of this criticism is harsh on Carruth. One goal off Registers skate, one 2 on 1 and one breakaway. I suppose he wasn’t making those big saves that you need your goalie to make in Belfast but I don’t agree that he was letting in soft goals. Defence wasn’t helping him at all. Kozun certainly deserves to start tonight tho