Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th & 5th Feb 22

Hedd Wyn John

Some of this criticism is harsh on Carruth. One goal off Registers skate, one 2 on 1 and one breakaway. I suppose he wasn’t making those big saves that you need your goalie to make in Belfast but I don’t agree that he was letting in soft goals. Defence wasn’t helping him at all. Kozun certainly deserves to start tonight tho
Defence left him out to dry. Like I said previously, we are so used to Carruth stopping almost everything when the D leave him exposed its a shock when a few get past him. Most teams don't have the same level of skilled finishers like Belfast. You can get away with it in a lot of games. Not against Belfast.

Hockeymad

After all was it really that bad of a defeat?

5-3 is not imo.

I hate losing but we can't win them all.

Not the end of the world.

Imo we were never going to win the league anyways.

Steelers and giants always looked to good.

BostonBart22

Just seen highlights, great hit by riley, kozun lucky after using his blocker in conways face, no wonder wannabee got his money back after the screaming commentary and awful camera work, even giants fans are embarrassed by the commentary..

Rempel16

Just seen highlights, great hit by riley, kozun lucky after using his blocker in conways face, no wonder wannabee got his money back after the screaming commentary and awful camera work, even giants fans are embarrassed by the commentary..
Where are the highlights please? Can’t seem to find them.

What was I saying the other day about Muppets running off to Twitter? Perhaps time to make this forum members only?
Why do that though? If you post shit, people deserve to be able to see it and if call it out.
In the last week I said to wannabe about abusing people and the offensive language.
I wrongly thought it was a family friendly forum but he now is calling Simon Kitchen a twat and a shithead. Glynne you need to get a grip, and yes, I know you don’t give a fuck.
Also people saying they have no hockey knowledge, well one of them has been a backup goalie ( of sorts) for around ten years and I believe Kitchen played a bit himself.
Does make you wonder why they were saying it was a blocker punch with a goalie on comms lol.
I find that the commentary is far more balanced than a few years ago and am quite happy for them to show bias but the hysterical goal calls need to be toned down for health reasons, his and ours!!!!
After being still on the bus for the first 10 minutes or so it was a great (lesser spotted) mid ice hit by Brandt, which had a bonus of a goal coming from it combined with pulling Carruth which woke us up.
Kozun was his usual excellent self but with an added pressure of the situation which he probably hadn’t faced this season. Passed that test with flying colours. Massive decision for Skalde for tonight’s starter as I think Carruth is the type to be fighting to get back out there.
Kozun has earned it for me though.
I don’t know if Belfast eased the intensity, after our first goal into a more defensive minded game as I think we did a couple of weeks ago, but even if they did, it was a great comeback and was a great advert for the league.
Oh for a better cameraman, we would have been able to watch it!!!!

moggy#9

Why do that though? If you post shit, people deserve to be able to see it and if call it out.
In the last week I said to wannabe about abusing people and the offensive language.
I wrongly thought it was a family friendly forum but he now is calling Simon Kitchen a twat and a shithead. Glynne you need to get a grip, and yes, I know you don’t give a fuck.
Also people saying they have no hockey knowledge, well one of them has been a backup goalie ( of sorts) for around ten years and I believe Kitchen played a bit himself.
Does make you wonder why they were saying it was a blocker punch with a goalie on comms lol.
I find that the commentary is far more balanced than a few years ago and am quite happy for them to show bias but the hysterical goal calls need to be toned down for health reasons, his and ours!!!!
After being still on the bus for the first 10 minutes or so it was a great (lesser spotted) mid ice hit by Brandt, which had a bonus of a goal coming from it combined with pulling Carruth which woke us up.
Kozun was his usual excellent self but with an added pressure of the situation which he probably hadn’t faced this season. Passed that test with flying colours. Massive decision for Skalde for tonight’s starter as I think Carruth is the type to be fighting to get back out there.
I don’t know if Belfast eased the intensity, after our first goal into a more defensive minded game as I think we did a couple of weeks ago, but even if they did, it was a great comeback and was a great advert for the league.
You know what, if people post shit then fine, call them out on here and have the debate. Where that's happened in the past people have often fessed up and apologized for heat of the moment opinions. When morons go running to Twitter just looking for likes, and often taking comments out of context it achieves nothing except boosting their own, apparently shaky, self esteem.

If the commentary people have hockey knowledge then perhaps they should apply it, rather than leading with emotion. The blocker catcher thing was one example, but then you get any kind of hit on one of their players and it's immediately some disgrace to hockey worthy of a lifetime ban (ok, I might exaggerate a bit there). If they're not sure about something, they should say so and go to the replay. It's possible to be enthusiastic about your own team, whilst still being rational and measured. Sheffield do it, and our commentary team do it. From what I've heard of them, the Dundee ones do a great job. That was the first time I've watched a Belfast stream, and I'm not inclined to line their pockets again.

JC23

Yep you’re right mate, Simon Kitchen played for Castlereagh Knights & Dumfries Vikings, along with Ireland in D3 of the World Champs back in the 90’s - and that’s just what’s on his Elite Prospects.

And I mean, as for Dicko. He’s been around plenty long enough as we all know.

moggy#9

Yep you’re right mate, Simon Kitchen played for Castlereagh Knights & Dumfries Vikings, along with Ireland in D3 of the World Champs back in the 90’s - and that’s just what’s on his Elite Prospects.

And I mean, as for Dicko. He’s been around plenty long enough as we all know.
Then perhaps the problem is not a lack of hockey knowledge but an over abundance of emotion.

Hedd Wyn John

I definitely think Giants eased off the gas a bit after going 4 goals up. They came flying out of the gate and you can only keep that intensity up for so long. 4 goals in the bag is a healthy lead to defend and easing off was a sensible move particularly with the second game in mind.
The Devils D has had its issues all season and despite improving of late the Giants managed to really expose it. I don't think Carruth played that badly you just can't let quality players like Piccinich in on your goal multiple times like that & expect to get away with it.

You know what, if people post shit then fine, call them out on here and have the debate. Where that's happened in the past people have often fessed up and apologized for heat of the moment opinions. When morons go running to Twitter just looking for likes, and often taking comments out of context it achieves nothing except boosting their own, apparently shaky, self esteem.

If the commentary people have hockey knowledge then perhaps they should apply it, rather than leading with emotion. The blocker catcher thing was one example, but then you get any kind of hit on one of their players and it's immediately some disgrace to hockey worthy of a lifetime ban (ok, I might exaggerate a bit there). If they're not sure about something, they should say so and go to the replay. It's possible to be enthusiastic about your own team, whilst still being rational and measured. Sheffield do it, and our commentary team do it. From what I've heard of them, the Dundee ones do a great job. That was the first time I've watched a Belfast stream, and I'm not inclined to line their pockets again.
What has happened with the Twitter thing is Simon Kitchen has screenshotted it himself, I doubt he has come on here to have a read of the thread but someone has pointed it out to him.
I think he has every right to call out things being said about him, especially of that nature.
The Brandt hit, they called as a clean hit straight away, and interestingly Dickson also said, as a goalie, he didn’t expect the goal in last game to get wiped off and neither did Besko.
I get the over the top nature of the comms but it used to be worse lol

august04 2.0

Apparently Kitchen is a decent bloke so no there’s no need for personal abuse (although I did call them “cretinous commentators” earlier in the thread) I'll stick to commenting on his commentary. It's not very good and never has been. Way too much Giants bias, and too much screeching for my liking - but I’ve bought enough of their webcasts over the years to know what to expect now. The level of bias towards the Giants is extreme and impacts the product (not as much as the dire camerawork though!) but it used to be ten times worse! They had this Canadian guy on there in the early days, who was absolutely abysmal - used to always get G's name wrong from memory!

Gisland

Apparently Kitchen is a decent bloke so no there’s no need for personal abuse (although I did call them “cretinous commentators” earlier in the thread) I'll stick to commenting on his commentary. It's not very good and never has been. Way too much Giants bias, and too much screeching for my liking - but I’ve bought enough of their webcasts over the years to know what to expect now. The level of bias towards the Giants is extreme and impacts the product (not as much as the dire camerawork though!) but it used to be ten times worse! They had this Canadian guy on there in the early days, who was absolutely abysmal - used to always get G's name wrong from memory!

Said it before, the worst commentators in this league for massive hikes in pitch and volume are Belfast first,Cardiff 2nd. Best commentary Coventry. Calm, good pitch level and a pleasing knowledge base

august04 2.0

Said it before, the worst commentators in this league for massive hikes in pitch and volume are Belfast first,Cardiff 2nd. Best commentary Coventry. Calm, good pitch level and a pleasing knowledge base
Belfast's is appalling. I can’t comment too much on Cardiff's output as I’m always there in person but agree about Coventry and I’d add Sheffield and Dundee to that conversation too.