Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmo19.1

No, I would estimate probably a little bit better than three quarters full.
I know a few people in Nottingham Box Office and they were estimating 55%. That’s sales - don’t forget, not everyone actually turned up that bought tickets - especially Steelers and Panthers fans.

moggy#9

I know a few people in Nottingham Box Office and they were estimating 55%. That’s sales - don’t forget, not everyone actually turned up that bought tickets - especially Steelers and Panthers fans.
Really? I couldn't imagine spending that much on tickets and then not bothering to turn up.

jenks33

Having watched the last 30 seconds again, Mikkelson definitely says on his way off "it's my last f****** game". And then Franny says the exact same when talking to the ref a few seconds later. So that's confirmed. A great way for him to go out, I'm delighted for him after he put his body on the line for us in his last year.
Good spot. Yeah great way for Mikkelson to go out.

TL91

Exactly what I was thinking. I appreciate Dixon and Mikkelson wear the ‘A’ but those two and Louis were the first three players to celebrate with the trophy after Richardson. I wonder if all three might be calling it a day
Just looking at the logic here that the C and then A’s go in order just like in any other sport the captain lifts the trophy first. Mikkelson appears to be packing it in but think Louis and Dixon will keep going. Reading too much into that!

Earnie

Just read the BBC Wales report on the Final.
Pretty poor effort by the reporter who spends most of his article praising Belfast Giants!!

jenks33

Just looking at the logic here that the C and then A’s go in order just like in any other sport the captain lifts the trophy first. Mikkelson appears to be packing it in but think Louis and Dixon will keep going. Reading too much into that!
Isn’t Duggan an ‘A’ as well tho? He certainly was early on this season. So why wouldn’t he have lifted the trophy before Louis? I’ll be surprised if Dixon carries on going, he will be 37 at the start of next season and the way he plays must take a lot out of him. All those hard hits.
It would surprise me a bit if Louis packed it in. He’s still got another year left in him for me + his partner is on the devils staff.

kingmo19.1

Sad to say but I think it’s time for Dixon to hang them up. Great servant but you can see how much he’s slowed down this season and looked gassed in that final. Another season and I’d fear it would be one too many and a massive drop off. If we want to be aiming for the league next season some tough decisions to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.