Glasgow Clan

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Clan had 5 players thrown out for abuse of officials tonight in the game between them and Dundee, and obviously lost.

kristian

Didn't think he would do interview after the game.
Good on him for coming out and doing it.
Think he may be hit with a ban. Maybe not for the interview but bowing down the refs during and after game.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #9
Didn’t like Cameron at first, but he certainly grows on you and seems a decent passionate bloke. It’s always good to hear how it is from an insider. The refereeing in the UK has always been pretty lousy, but in fairness these guys ain’t full time professional refs as the money is also not great, plus it’s certainly a thankless job.

moggy#9

Out of curiosity, does the league still run a preseason ref camp, or was it cancelled due to covid? It seems like a lot of problems could be solved by having proper coaching of the refs and understanding proper standards.

Also, whatever happened to the "war room" that was supposed to review controversial situations? Presumably that was another casualty of the league's cost savings.

BostonBart22

Off subject, I thought our officials were bang on last night, whistle kept in pocket and the game moved freely..no showman ship like some we could name...

kettdevil1

Matt Thompson rarely has a mare. Usually lets the game flow and knows where to call or just have a word with the players. I'm sure I'll regret saying that at some point mind ..
He was excellent at Coventry a few weeks ago - McNally clearly had red mist rising and he went over, chatted and calmed the situation....although the effect was slightly spoiled by him falling over when he tried to skate backwards after the chat.....

Saw bits of the Clan game and the reffing was a bit approximate but I think too many players were a little....overemotional