• NO

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • DON'T CARE

Votes: 13 23.6%

• Total voters

The_Puck

Thread starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the inferno. I am a young(ish) fan so don't be too mean if i upset anyone.
I have questioned myself if we should think about changing our goal song when we score a goal. I think this because i feel that our current goal song isn't that engaging with the fans. Good goal songs around the league would be Nottingham, Sheffield and Braehead. I think a song we could change to which would sounds awesome whilst engaging with the fans would be the Boston Bruins one or the New York Rangers one. If you feel that we are copying these teams songs, remember that Nottingham have the same as Chicago Blackhawks, Fife have the same as Buffalo Sabres and Braehead have the same as Minnesota Wild. I would like to have your opinion on this.

Earnie

I can't recall what ours is now, never mind all the NHL ones.
There must be a smarty pants out there who can put it all together and give us a link and then we can made a measured choice?

We used to have Blur Song 2 back in the tent, Paul tried to change it for another song used in the NHL instead (I forget which one, but it just had vocals and no beat so killed the atmosphere). Paul then switched to the current one instead; it was previously used as an 'energy builder' after a strong passage of play. I like the current (Status Quo) one personally and don't see any reason to change it; the main benefit is the beat which gets everyone clapping.

JC23

For me pwrsonally, if we were to change it, the NY Rangers one would be my choice.

As much as it pains me to say it, being a Bruins fan, I can't stand their goal song.

Although, I'd quite like to hear @Paul Sullivan 's thoughts...

pjj365

Always go for a bit of Quo me!

It does energise the crowd but I have no strong feelings except the Flames one seems quite specific to them

Devil94

A song/jingle that we could chant along with would be great. Along the lines of the Bruins one.

I don't dislike the current one but I've never really understood why it's our goal song.

as painful as it is to write... the premise of the steeler's song is what i think it should change to if it is to change imo. (i also think the new jersey devils had one along the same lines if it has not changed.) but a song that proceeds into the fans chanting is the way forward if it is to change so that everyone is on the same page when it stops and play resumes.

KaneDevils

The current one is fine during warm up perhaps, but as a goal song, not for me personally.
Definitely worth contemplating a change. I'd rather use something other than stealing
Somebody else's though.

A snippet from this, gets my vote

The_Puck

Thread starter #15
The current one is fine during warm up perhaps, but as a goal song, not for me personally.
Definitely worth contemplating a change. I'd rather use something other than stealing
Somebody else's though.
As long as it engages with the crowd whilst sounding awesome, creating a new goal song doesn't sound a bad idea. We could make it unique to us.

BostonBart22

Not being biased but the bruins one is tops, but if anything let paul decide if it needs a change, he never fails to amaze me with his choice of music and videos etc....

kingmo19.1

I'd quite a very loud double blast of a lorry horn when we score.

Not fussed on the one we had in the tent as it sounded like the horn from a barge or ferry!

Not really one for the music - don't think we need it to be fair.

Nicer to hear the fans cheering than it being drowned out by music.

Earnie

Thanks The Puck for putting that on. Ah yes , I remember it well now!

I like the big freight train hooter of Calgary but I prefer the music of Devils.

Let Paul decide by all means but we can discuss what we think is the best etc!!

By saying let Paul discuss means you want to close the thread.

This forum at times is unreal we can't even express our opinions or views with outpeople having a go or a little dig...