Government Announces Rescue Package

Apart from when he called a firebreak first, meaning we were in lockdown for only 17 days instead of England's whole month and counting you mean? The firebreak that Germany, France and Switzerland all followed suit with a few weeks later? Hmm...

I for one am very glad that we have this control in Wales, considering the shambles there is in Westminster.

Anyway....hockey......
Maybe because Sovereign countries have to balance lockdowns with not tanking the economy and crippling their recovery? A dilemma the WAG don’t have!

Anyway, like you say back to hockey!

august04 2.0

The government funding to allow teams to get a product on the ice next year applying to English teams only in the EIHL, renders the league redundant still unless they want a 5 team English league to start early next year. If 5 teams don’t have access to similar levels of funding to compensate for lower crowds, then they can’t participate surely. I’d be surprised to see the Devils get anything out of the Welsh Assembly Gov., who seem to prefer to jump on any old bandwagon and spend tax payers money on such things as commissioning reports into Welsh links with the slave trade, such as was published today. Like we haven’t got more pressing problems to concentrate on at the moment.

august04 2.0

I talk to people in England too and many of them have a different view to yours. And that’s fine, we all have different opinions and should be allowed to express them - it’s called freedom of speech so lets not try to tell people what opinions they can or can’t post on here. If anyone in the Welsh government allows their actions to be influenced by posts on an relatively tame Internet forum, then shame on them. Mind you, I would think they’re used to criticism, have you seen the reaction to most of their Twitter posts?!

rocketbob

I live in England (and have previously lived in Cardiff for nearly a decade) and have been impressed by the Welsh Assembly Government handling of their coronavirus response. Much better than that bunch of incompetents down in Westminster.

Hedd Wyn John

The attack on this forum of the efforts of the Welsh Government will not do our case any good whatsoever.

Does anyone talk to friends and relatives who live in England? I do and they all say they wished Mark Drakeford was in charge there and are envious of us.
Way I see it looking at the stats Wales, England & Scotland all have some of the highest covid death rates in the world. NI has probably done the best out of the 4 Home Nations but that's probably more down to geographical factors than leadership. I don't think any of our politicians have come out smelling of roses from this. And thats all I'll say on politics.

Let's hope these vaccines kick in and we can get back to talking about ice hockey.

august04 2.0

I live in England (and have previously lived in Cardiff for nearly a decade) and have been impressed by the Welsh Assembly Government handling of their coronavirus response. Much better than that bunch of incompetents down in Westminster.
Well we’re going back into restrictions in Wales again next week. That’s what happens when you come out of a short lockdown without a plan and just let people have a free for all again - with the R number up again at 1.4 so Drakeford said today. The one time the WAG took the lead and didn’t follow what England did, and they’ve cocked it right up. People can moan about a tiered system after lockdown in England, but that approach should have been used in Wales for areas which still had very high infection rates. Competent and the WAG are not phrases/words that go together in my opinion. Not in Westminster or Holyrood either, all a bunch of incompetent, overpaid fools.

NathanG

The attack on this forum of the efforts of the Welsh Government will not do our case any good whatsoever.

Does anyone talk to friends and relatives who live in England? I do and they all say they wished Mark Drakeford was in charge there and are envious of us.

Don't worry about it, I don't think Dreadford is scouring this forum for wisdom.

Kevlar68

I doesn't matter what restrictions the rule makers put it place as there are still brainless idiots who don't get it.
They still visit multiple households, they still go without masks when no ones looking in places they should be wearing them, they meet up with multiple people outside their homes. If all the rules were followed to letter from day one then the rate would be very low by now, so look to the people around you who don't give a toss if you want to play the blame game.

august04 2.0

I doesn't matter what restrictions the rule makers put it place as there are still brainless idiots who don't get it.
They still visit multiple households, they still go without masks when no ones looking in places they should be wearing them, they meet up with multiple people outside their homes. If all the rules were followed to letter from day one then the rate would be very low by now, so look to the people around you who don't give a toss if you want to play the blame game.
And that also includes politicians from several political persuasions and a prominent member of SAGE too! When the law makers don’t abide by the rules that they formulate, it hardly sets an example for the rest of the population.
And it does matter what restrictions are put in place as it gives the brainless idiots less opportunities to do what the hell they please, as we’ve seen with the firebreak, tiered restrictions - after which the numbers come down.

Last edited: