Grazzers99 release netminder ....

Rhyan48

He wanted to go last season was gutted that he didn’t get the chance to go anywhere , personally I don’t think he had a good season atall last year for us , maby because his head was not in it with the devils anymore and didn’t want to be there , if that is the case the best option is to let him go and get someone who wants to be inbetween the pipes in Cardiff ! As I said I think he let us down way to many times last season and is that because he didn’t want to be there !?!? Change is not always a bad thing !!

Rempel16

Can't blame him if he does go. Season in Austria starts in September... Better to go and play there than sit at home for the year, because let's face it, there isn't going to be hockey this season in the UK.

moggy#9

He wanted to go last season was gutted that he didn’t get the chance to go anywhere , personally I don’t think he had a good season atall last year for us , maby because his head was not in it with the devils anymore and didn’t want to be there , if that is the case the best option is to let him go and get someone who wants to be inbetween the pipes in Cardiff ! As I said I think he let us down way to many times last season and is that because he didn’t want to be there !?!? Change is not always a bad thing !!
I don't think that's altogether fair on bownsy. This is a guy who had a lot on his shoulders personally and then was at times expected to carry the team. One guy simply cannot do that for every game of a long season. If he goes, I wish him well.

jenks33

He’s definitely off isn’t he. I’m a bit 50/50 on this one. First of all what a signing he’s been for the devils. I don’t think anybody could have predicted how much of a success he was going to be when we signed him from Hull. And a great character too. He always comes across well in interviews and he seems like a good locker room guy.
I do think its probably the right time for him to move on though. There’s no question that Bownsy felt a bit frustrated at not getting an opportunity in a higher league after his outstanding performances for GB and I don’t blame him. He literally couldn’t have played any better than he did and he still wasn’t offered anything decent. I do think that affected his performances last season. I don’t think it was an ability or effort thing I just think he lost that hunger. You can possibly get away with it as a forward but as a goalie if you’re not 100% there mentally you’ll get found out, and if we’re honest Bownsy let in so many uncharacteristically soft goals last year. He still had some great games and the D let him down at time’s. He still wasn’t the same goalie though in my opinion.
He’s been a great player for the Devils though.

ASHIPP

The time is right for Bownsey to take an opportunity and see what he can do. Outstanding performance at the World's would always lead to something. A goalie who has been fantastic for the Devils although last season it felt, at times, his usual focus wasn't always as sharp as it has been.

Ben deserves to spread his wings and it will be with the blessing of the Club and many fans.

The times are a-changing at the Devils and a great team evolves organically by gradually bringing in new players to add the core as others leave. Hopefully an experienced import net minder with the 'good fit' mentality will be our new goalie when our season starts.