Haddad released by Greenville

pjj365

Joey has not been released - I.e. not a free agent. He's been suspended and asked to leave camp (along with 2 others)
Greenville retain his registration

Devil94

Joey has not been released - I.e. not a free agent. He's been suspended and asked to leave camp (along with 2 others)
Why would that be though? What reason is there to suspend and not release a player if as stated earlier on in the thread that it's not for a misdemeanor?

kingmo19.1

For me, 2 import netminders isn’t the way to go. There are plenty of decent enough Brit netminders in the NIHL that can step in IF REQUIRED and the most important part of that sentence being the words IF REQUIRED.

pjj365

Why would that be though? What reason is there to suspend and not release a player if as stated earlier on in the thread that it's not for a misdemeanor?
I wondered the same Somewhere I saw that some AHL players have been sent down so something had to give
Who knows with North America system

moggy#9

For me, 2 import netminders isn’t the way to go. There are plenty of decent enough Brit netminders in the NIHL that can step in IF REQUIRED and the most important part of that sentence being the words IF REQUIRED.
I've got to disagree. A key problem when we had bownsy was expecting him to carry the team for 80 games. Finding a British goalie from the nihl who would do anything beyond a handful of games is, in my opinion, unrealistic.

Rempel16

This usually happens when a player leaves to go to a team in Europe. It is just a way of granting their release without allowing them to sign for another ECHL team.

James

Administrator
Is the whole Haddad / vaccine thing just supposition or was there any basis to it? He talks about how 'then we got the vaccine' in his resigning video with Greenville on their site.

Temme

Do you have a source for this?

I understand they've released him at his request to pursue an opportunity in Europe.

ASHIPP

Three questions..
Is this the standard way that ECHL teams make way for players being sent down from AHL? (seems odd that, as captain, he'd been dropped)

Has he been vaccinated now?

Can he be signed to a UK team under the current roster regulations? (assuming he wants to return to UK or try out Europe. Be silly not to consider these options... our club have been great under new ownership, at helping new/previous players with opportunities)
We know his skills and what he could bring to our team...

august04 2.0

Who knows whether he’s been vaccinated, that’s a personal thing for him to consider but if the ECHL is following the NHL, then it’s difficult for players who refuse to be vaccinated. Perhaps that’s behind this? And he’s opting for a league/opportunity where they don’t insist on vaccination?
I'm not sure what the EIHL stance is on this, but if signing non vaccinated players is allowed, then you’d be a fool not to consider a player of his calibre unless that’s seen as a risk if all other team members have been jabbed? It’s a difficult one.

Ocko

No, Greenville retain his rights. He’s free to sign outside of the ECHL.

Being suspended isn’t always what it seems in the coast. Likely he’s got a new deal elsewhere/retiring but the Swamp Rabbits want to retain his rights just in case he wants to come back.