Haddad released by Greenville

Kevlar68

So with that in mind IF the arena went down the route of double jab passports Joey couldn't even get in the arena let alone on the ice.

august04 2.0

Do we know if all our roster are vaccinated? If so would Devils Org put the team in jeopardy and have a non vaccinated player in amongst them?
But would having a non jabbed player on the team put the rest in jeopardy? Being double jabbed, you can still catch and transmit Covid but the expectation is that being fully vaccinated potentially limits your exposure to serious illness. So would it make any difference? It would make a huge difference for travelling, which is why the CHL would have been impossible for any such player - maybe that was part of the reasoning for this much rumoured player signing in October, which we were talking about long before Valdix came in as injury cover for McNally.

Kevlar68

Yep, your right, it's more of a risk for Joey, so again do you want a player on your roster who Could catch covid and become very ill through not having the jabs and not be able to play.
We've already had 3 members test positive who had the jabs and be out for games, imagine if it was a non vaccinated member.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Yep, your right, it's more of a risk for Joey, so again do you want a player on your roster who Could catch covid and become very ill through not having the jabs and not be able to play.
We've already had 3 members test positive who had the jabs and be out for games, imagine if it was a non vaccinated member.
However highly we might regard him as a player, there is too much of a rush to having an unvaccinated player, and to be honest it seems the wrong messages about covid.

Ocko

Does anyone actually know for certain that Joey hasn’t had a vaccine?

I thought I seen something with him talking about things relaxing in Greenville last year once the team had been vaccinated - implying he had.

Temme

Does anyone actually know for certain that Joey hasn’t had a vaccine?

I thought I seen something with him talking about things relaxing in Greenville last year once the team had been vaccinated - implying he had.
I've a feeling someone saw the word "suspended" and thought "vaccine refusal", and it's snowballed from there!

Slartibartfast

I've a feeling someone saw the word "suspended" and thought "vaccine refusal", and it's snowballed from there!
I think the problem is a number of people know Joeys vaccine status but probably shouldn't so can't say too much. But whether its true or not it certainly fits. 3 players all being suspended at the same time usually indicates they did something stupid like turning up for training drunk but that just doesn't fit with what we know about Joey. But if you look at what is going on in America at the moment the vaccine theory makes sense. Biden is pushing through a mandate to force all employers to require their employees be vaccinated. The NHL already has a mandate which has caused some players to quit and there will be a percentage of players in any team who think that the vaccine is unnecessary/a microchip/will turn them into a zombie.
So I would not be surprised to see Joey heading to a league where there is no vaccine mandate or international travel. Lets hope its here. Regarding the risk, the vaccines are not very good at stopping the spread of the delta variant but very good at stopping people dying.

Mazzoak

If he’s left Greenville for non vaccine reasons, I doubt we’ll see him back then as I had heard our players must also be vaccinated and this was league wide? Anyone else heard the same?
He stated in an interview on Greenville site that he’d received the vaccine with the rest of the team, that was several months ago, l linked the video on a thread on the Inferno.....

Mazzoak

Mazzoak

Who knows whether he’s been vaccinated, that’s a personal thing for him to consider but if the ECHL is following the NHL, then it’s difficult for players who refuse to be vaccinated. Perhaps that’s behind this? And he’s opting for a league/opportunity where they don’t insist on vaccination?
I'm not sure what the EIHL stance is on this, but if signing non vaccinated players is allowed, then you’d be a fool not to consider a player of his calibre unless that’s seen as a risk if all other team members have been jabbed? It’s a difficult one.
He‘s been vaccinated. Admitted here.

https://www.swamprabbits.com/en/video/2021/8/joey-haddad-re-signing-interview-Aeog6dGJ

Mazzoak

Does it? He says “when we started getting vaccinations” at 0.57. He doesn’t say he got vaccinated though.
Yes in this context as it’s not an interview about vaccination, he’s no reason to include himself or make any mention to it. Also as his first language is English & he’s of average or higher intelligence, he’s more than aware that using “We” included him.

pronoun

1. 1.
    used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together.

august04 2.0

Yes in this context as it’s not an interview about vaccination, he’s no reason to include himself or make any mention to it. Also as his first language is English & he’s of average or higher intelligence, he’s more than aware that using “We” included him.

pronoun

1. 1.
    used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people considered together.
Or he’s of higher intelligence and was being deliberately vague so as to not confirm one way or the other whether he’s been jabbed, which is entirely his personal right to choose. Just a thought.

Mazzoak

Or he’s of higher intelligence and was being deliberately vague so as to not confirm one way or the other whether he’s been jabbed, which is entirely his personal right to choose. Just a thought.
By saying ”we“ he’s confirmed he received the vaccine, if his intention was to be vague and not confirm either way as you suggest, simply say nothing makes more sense, especially taking into account there’s no discussion on vaccines in the video by the interviewer.