HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVILS

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Happy birthday to our great club, 35yrs young and it’s been a blast, it’s been a rollercoaster for sure, we have had great owners, bad owners, great times and bad times. But we are still here, and stronger than ever, this truly is a family club and it’s a blast having thousands of relatives, here’s a toast to you all good folk, stay safe and Happy Hockey Days.

Happy 35th Birthday to the Cardiff Devils. Have been following the Devils for a while now and spent lockdown researching the history of the club and watching as many games as possible from 1986-2020.
So, very little can be found about our previous owners pre 2014, so who can come up with a list of past owners and past GMs of the club and does anyone have pictures of these guys so they can be remembered. For instance, we all know of the legend that is John Lawless but what do we know of Sports Nationwide and Dennis Adams who built the WNIR and appointed Lawless from Peterborough (does anyone have a photo of him). Would be great to know a little more about these guys. Interested to see the responses. Go Devils

moggy#9

Sports nationwide were peterboro based. They built the rink in Chelmsford. I can't recall a great deal about them, but I have a vague recollection of them being in some sort of difficulty do they sold the wnir to Brent walker, who were building the CIA (now the motoring motorpoint).

kettdevil1

Happy 35th Birthday to the Cardiff Devils. Have been following the Devils for a while now and spent lockdown researching the history of the club and watching as many games as possible from 1986-2020.
So, very little can be found about our previous owners pre 2014, so who can come up with a list of past owners and past GMs of the club and does anyone have pictures of these guys so they can be remembered. For instance, we all know of the legend that is John Lawless but what do we know of Sports Nationwide and Dennis Adams who built the WNIR and appointed Lawless from Peterborough (does anyone have a photo of him). Would be great to know a little more about these guys. Interested to see the responses. Go Devils
Anthony Beer's book "It's funny when you win everything" is well worth seeking - loads of photographs of the early days

Agreed, I have that here. Great book, shame there's nothing that covers 1995 onwards. I've been trying to put as many stats together as I can from 1986-today. Anyone that can help with lists of owners, GMs, Head Coaches etc would be awesome. I've already managed to get all the Devils jersey numbers from 1986-2021. Anyone know when Sports Nationwide sold the Devils? I think it was to the Brent Walker Group?