Hmmmmm.

Gazza272

So you think a team that can play like they are unbeatable is a worrying thing? Not sure I follow the line of thinking to be honest. If somethings wrong that tends to lean towards being mediocre permanently?

Look I get it, everyone loves a Drama. But i'd rather look at this from a logical stand point.

But over the past 3 seasons, how much bad luck have we truly had? I'd say we have been very fortunate. This year? not so much sadly, How we could have possibly known Parisi was that out of love with hockey and that Blood would get an offer from a Finnish CHL team i'm not sure. But it happens.

it's how you deal with it that counts, and I back this club to the hilt based on everyones involved track record.

Temme

Parisi was over before it began. Nothing to see there.

Blood was an offer that undoubtedly was 4x what we were paying him.

Faryna - i'll concede, "suspicious", but also likely injury/health as he plays a very reckless game.

Results wise, no argument, very hit and miss and something isn't right back there and certain players are not performing.

I have faith though, nothing to worry about here just yet.

terry hunt

I think posts about Parisi not joining us because of Lord/Kelman or some other nonsense would stop.I read all i could on Parisi and he had problems in Canada for a long time thats why he came here in the first place.As far as i can establish he is no longer playing at any level.I believe he has the problems not the Cardiff Devils

hip check

Thread starter #5
So you think a team that can play like they are unbeatable is a worrying thing? Not sure I follow the line of thinking to be honest. If somethings wrong that tends to lean towards being mediocre permanently?

Look I get it, everyone loves a Drama. But i'd rather look at this from a logical stand point.

But over the past 3 seasons, how much bad luck have we truly had? I'd say we have been very fortunate. This year? not so much sadly, How we could have possibly known Parisi was that out of love with hockey and that Blood would get an offer from a Finnish CHL team i'm not sure. But it happens.

it's how you deal with it that counts, and I back this club to the hilt based on everyones involved track record.
No don't think a team being unplayable one night is worrying but a little concerned when the following night we lose to a team down in the dungeons, also a team that has endured a long bus journey from Scotland and we were 2-0 up, not the first time either as you'll be aware.
Teams have barren spells when things don't go to plan but we're very inconsistent atm.
Losing 2 players in a number of weeks I do find worrying and I do realize both we're for entirely differing reasons, our up/down form seemed to start just before Blood left, coincidence?...who knows?.

Gazza272

No don't think a team being unplayable one night is worrying but a little concerned when the following night we lose to a team down in the dungeons, also a team that has endured a long bus journey from Scotland and we were 2-0 up, not the first time either as you'll be aware.
Teams have barren spells when things don't go to plan but we're very inconsistent atm.
Losing 2 players in a number of weeks I do find worrying and I do realize both we're for entirely differing reasons, our up/down form seemed to start just before Blood left, coincidence?...who knows?.
I believe Blood played very poorly that weekend, but he already had the offer and the guy was probably conflicted on what to do.

I think in your own post you admit the circumstances are different so why the worry?

It's up to us not to double down on things here, we need to make the arena loud and proud right from the puck drop and do our own 100%, looking too deeply into it and causing tension and worry isn't going to help.

I admit, i can see why people piece things together the way they do, I just don't believe there is anything in this than unfortunate circumstances and timing.

zoesdevil

Parisi was over before it began. Nothing to see there.

Blood was an offer that undoubtedly was 4x what we were paying him.

Faryna - i'll concede, "suspicious", but also likely injury/health as he plays a very reckless game.

Results wise, no argument, very hit and miss and something isn't right back there and certain players are not performing.

I have faith though, nothing to worry about here just yet.
Agreed, perhaps he could of got another niggle, maybe why he's not been icing as much & thought that's it & thought his body can't do this anymore.