Hotels for Nottingham Away

Thread starter #1
Hoping someone can help me out here.
Me and my mate planning the away Nottingham trip on 3rd September and due to travel restrictions, i'm going to need to book a hotel in Cardiff for that night.

I know Premier Inn have a 24 hour reception, so I'm hoping to find it as cheap as possible. Lowest quote I've had so far is £80!

If anyone knows of anywhere else I can look, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance fellow Devils!

wildthing74

Loads of guest houses on Newport road and I would have thought they would be cheaper than town and only half a mile or so out of the city centre.

im guessing you are on bobs bus as i dont think there is a train back to cardiff from notts at that time of night.if thats the case or you are car sharing etc then the cheapest room at the mo is the etap hotel on the m4 just after the brynglas tunnels.assuming you check the bus will drop you off!!its £18 now(1 am sunday morning 7th aug).the ibis on churchill way is full,that would be the next best bet.if you have no choice but to go into town then the victoria hall(student accomodation)is advertised at £35 for that night.walking distance from town.the copthorne is£48 and the park inn is£54.hope this is of some help.you could also try registering your email on the travelodge website.they are giving out voucher codes this week for cheap rooms up until that weekend.see you in notts!! gav

Pit and Pendulum in Notts is fab. There's plenty of good bars in Notts. We used to go down quite often when we lived closer. Always enjoy spending an evening in the pub there.

D

Deleted member 1337

Clare said:
Pit and Pendulum in Notts is fab. There's plenty of good bars in Notts. We used to go down quite often when we lived closer. Always enjoy spending an evening in the pub there.
i hope for everyone there's not to much rivalry :lol:

Never is amongst hockey fans outside of the rink. You can usually grab a beer with other hockey fans and have a good chat. I've been to a few rinks and never found there to be animosity out of the rink. Hell, even stood in queues for food at the rink, the fans are generally cool. (But I havent been to Cov! I hear thats a world of its own!) Only times I've had a bit of hoo-har is in the BBT as I sit next to the away block. You know what those away fans are like ;-)

wildthing74

Pick up points and times are as follows
11.30 Caerphilly 11.45 Thornhill at the bus stop opposite the Nine Giants 12.00 Rumney outside the police station at the top of Rumney Hill and then finally 12.15 Newport outside the Dragon Fly pub then

Please make every effort to be on time so we can get on the motorway and up there to give people time to buy tickets,get some food etc.

I will be at the hockeyfest at the weekend if anybody who is yet to pay wants to see me.

Thanks
John.