Hotham

nicky27

Thread starter #1
Anyone else read anything into Hotham's tweet last night about not ruling out damaging the new elite league trophy. Hope I'm wrong in thinking he's going to a different elite league club. I would be devastated.

I can't see a tweet from him?
And personally don't think he is gunna join enother club in the eihl he has no reason too.

Who knows maybe he had second thoughts and wants to come back.

I don’t think he’s likely to join another EIHL club either.

However....you can see the appeal from his perspective. He’s nearing the end of his career, and has won back to back league titles with Cardiff. If he’s going to play, money will probably be a key factor at this stage of his career, and someone like Belfast might throw silly money at him to get a year or two of what he brings. He knows the league and wouldn’t need to head to Europe. More disruptive to move to Finland or Germany than Belfast or Sheffield!

As I said, I think it’s unlikely. But he might be listening to offers!

Sliput

Oooooooooohhh, just to add to the fire, in his tweet he says Next year. Maybe he is trying to fool us with words. He is coming back THIS year but won t be here next year :)

Devils86

I will be devastated if he signs in the UK - the guy is Cardiff through and through and turning out for anybody else would be (and I don’t like to use the word) a betrayal, at least in my mind.

If however (as has been suggested) the Devils wanted rid to free up budget then that changes things - you can’t blame him for that.

But if he was the final signing that would be so awesome

Fie was kind enough to ask my question on Hotham at the 'Lordo Live' chat on periscope.

Here's the original question;

'Hotham was a key component in delivering the hockey you coached your team to play. Have you looked to fill that void, or make adjustments to the way the team plays given his unique contribution? '

Here's the link to the q and a (not sure if you can skip on periscope);

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bimEojF6WUViR...KTkYMIyQhAy0TY_p3PH0SmnIplELdwHKr5EvPvy6rSTh3

If Hotham is returning it'll be the greatest 'work' since Jerry Lawler v Andy Kaufman

Devil_Abroad

Fie was kind enough to ask my question on Hotham at the 'Lordo Live' chat on periscope.

Here's the original question;

'Hotham was a key component in delivering the hockey you coached your team to play. Have you looked to fill that void, or make adjustments to the way the team plays given his unique contribution? '

Here's the link to the q and a (not sure if you can skip on periscope);

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bimEojF6WUViR...KTkYMIyQhAy0TY_p3PH0SmnIplELdwHKr5EvPvy6rSTh3

If Hotham is returning it'll be the greatest 'work' since Jerry Lawler v Andy Kaufman
Felt to me that Lord grappled for years with everything good Hotham brings against his disruption to a D unit and the way Lord wants them to play. I guess it says a lot about Richardson and his ability that Lord could live with it for so long. No doubt other EIHL teams would love to have him but I feel he’s looking at opportunities outside UK and perhaps post retirement. I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

Don't know why but i have a feeling we'll possibly see Hotham back in the league this year, id be more surprised if he wasn't

voth26

Do you think with us, or with someone else.???
Someone else I think, I may be totally wide of the mark but for me I guess its because his tweets have that i'm done with the Devils but am I or am I not done with hockey if you know what I mean. majority players who leave a club after a few yrs they usually say something like their retiring or they had an opportunity outside of hockey they couldn't turn down, Marv hasn't done that as far as i'm aware?

ASHIPP

I can see the dilemma the Club might have had when factoring in the MBA programme. 2 of the 4 players on last year's places have stayed with the Club (Pope and Louis). Most of the other returning imports have already done the MBA course in previous seasons. With 3-4 MBA places available (a valuable source of sponsorship income), those players taking up the course this season would all have to be new players to the Club. Maybe it was felt that additional financial resources could be utilised from
those players considering moving on anyway.

But that could all be rubbish. We're talking Andrew Hotham here - one of the most influential players ever at this Club. Judging by the emotional words in Todd's website farewell to Hoth, I can't imagine that they would have let him leave/retire without fighting tooth and nail to keep him here.

Whatever the situation, hope he makes the best decision about his future. We must accept that players do and will eventualy move on. As for the Club, it has allowed new calibre players to join the roster and it's already looking great with 2 imports left to reveal.

Outsider

I can see the dilemma the Club might have had when factoring in the MBA programme. 2 of the 4 players on last year's places have stayed with the Club (Pope and Louis). Most of the other returning imports have already done the MBA course in previous seasons. With 3-4 MBA places available (a valuable source of sponsorship income), those players taking up the course this season would all have to be new players to the Club. Maybe it was felt that additional financial resources could be utilised from
those players considering moving on anyway.

But that could all be rubbish. We're talking Andrew Hotham here - one of the most influential players ever at this Club. Judging by the emotional words in Todd's website farewell to Hoth, I can't imagine that they would have let him leave/retire without fighting tooth and nail to keep him here.

Whatever the situation, hope he makes the best decision about his future. We must accept that players do and will eventualy move on. As for the Club, it has allowed new calibre players to join the roster and it's already looking great with 2 imports left to reveal.
The Devils did not fight tooth and nail to keep Hotham, it was a take it or leave it . No negotiation , so as i said to Wannabe last week and i'll say it again , the Devils didn't really want him back