Huge weekend coming up

jenks33

This is exactly why we don't pose a realistic challenge to your title charge. We can't stay fit and healthy.
To be fair we’ve had similar issues. Maybe not as many injuries as Sheffield but when we’ve had injuries they’ve been to important players - Martin, Riley and Mcnamee. It’s not just the games missed as well, it obviously takes a number of games for these players to get back to their best.
It will be interesting to see how the run in unfolds. Sheffield have more firepower but I think Cardiff are better at digging out results.

jenks33

How poor were Clan, they have a poor team, coached by a poor coach, not good at all.
Fair play Steelers are great to watch going forward. Some brilliant attackers at this level and they score goals for fun. As a devils fan though I take a lot of heart when I watch the steelers at the other end of the ice. I appreciate Clan only scored one tonight and Duba has certainly improved but Sheffield are not great back there. When I think of Belfast last year they worried me all over the ice - Brilliant forwards (Murphy, Riley, Baun, Dwyer, Smotherman) very solid defensively ( Leonard, Vandermeer, Roach, Raine) and an absolute brick wall in net ( Beskorowany). I just don’t get that same anxiety when I think of Sheffield. They can certainly win the title due to their scoring power but I think they’ll concede plenty of goals in the run in.

The_Puck

We can not afford to lose this game at all costs. We don’t want to give them lot up the road any more confidence than they already have. We want to start closing the gap and take advantage of those games in hand if we want to lift the trophy come the end of March. They have a couple of guys injured and they have a few on the verge of getting injured, so we need to play out most physical game of the season and they need to remember what barn they’re playing in. If we play to our full potential then we will beat then but that’s if we can play at our full potential.

CaldicotDevil

Fair play Steelers are great to watch going forward. Some brilliant attackers at this level and they score goals for fun. As a devils fan though I take a lot of heart when I watch the steelers at the other end of the ice. I appreciate Clan only scored one tonight and Duba has certainly improved but Sheffield are not great back there. When I think of Belfast last year they worried me all over the ice - Brilliant forwards (Murphy, Riley, Baun, Dwyer, Smotherman) very solid defensively ( Leonard, Vandermeer, Roach, Raine) and an absolute brick wall in net ( Beskorowany). I just don’t get that same anxiety when I think of Sheffield. They can certainly win the title due to their scoring power but I think they’ll concede plenty of goals in the run in.
Reason Belfast were so great they had skill but the muscle to go with it. I think this a good Sheffield side but they're a little bit lightweight and can be roughed up. They're lacking that Desbien / Fitzy type authority figure.

Also we need to keep it away from Eberle, he's been electric this year.

voth26

As much as we all seem to be worrying about what the Steelers will maybe do to us, I would like to think that Fox will be thinking what the devil's can do to his team as well!. We've beaten the Steelers this season, so for me the pressure is on for Steelers seeing as their top of the league and have the added pressure of trying to stay there!. We definitely need our A game for 60+ minutes(if goes to Ot+ps) from the first puck drop, stay out of the box and above all don't bloody panic.

jenks33

I have to say I think Aaron Fox always comes across very well in interviews. Never gets too high if they win and never goes over the top if they lose. Nothing arrogant or egotistic about him which is refreshing for a Sheffield coach

terry hunt

This is exactly why we don't pose a realistic challenge to your title charge. We can't stay fit and healthy.
I think you are letting a couple of poor seasons affect your judgement mate.
Whatever my opinion of the Steelers may be they have always had a swagger and arrogance about them.Their genuine players loved the shirt but in recent years you have had a few that were not fit to wear the jersey.
Now they look like a real Steelers team all playing for each other and lots of self belief.I think they are capable of living with the injuries and are the team to beat.