ice hockey on sky

Rempel16

A rubbish game it was too!!!

Cov v Nott at the sponsordome. I think there were two scuffles at most, and most of the play wasn't of the highest standard. (Galbraith looked quality though to be fair, as did D'amour)

It really affirmed by belief that we have absolutely nothing to worry about in the league this year, and we have the entertainment factor alongside the skill!

TheStub

Compared to the American leagues, it isn't good - but it is better than nothing.

It isn't as bad as some make it out, IMHO. I can watch it, and only grind my teeth a bit.

Rempel16 said:

Cov v Nott at the sponsordome. I think there were two scuffles at most, and most of the play wasn't of the highest standard. (Galbraith looked quality though to be fair, as did D'amour)

It really affirmed by belief that we have absolutely nothing to worry about in the league this year, and we have the entertainment factor alongside the skill!
If it was such a bad game how can you say Galbraith and D'Amour looked quality...what could you possibly be measuring them against in such a Rubbish game?

I am glad you believe that after seeing one game on Sky that you have nothing to worry about in the league this year....it will be interesting to see how that turns out.

As for the entertainment value...are the Devils intending to have a mass brawl every week to entertain the crowds then?

Wannabe2

MADCAT said:
Rempel16 said:

If it was such a bad game how can you say Galbraith and D'Amour looked quality...what could you possibly be measuring them against in such a Rubbish game?

I am glad you believe that after seeing one game on Sky that you have nothing to worry about in the league this year....it will be interesting to see how that turns out.
Last weeks game wasnt the best game to watch to be honest, you dont have to have fights to entertain but it was a bit drear. The budget for the Sky proggies is very low indeed, but as has already been mentioned it is better than nowt. Myself i dont think we have anything to worry us this season, there may be teams as good as us, but as yet havent seen anyone better. As for mass brawls in Cardiff, then no we dont want them every week, but at least we have a team that wont be knocked about by anyone else, which cant be said about everyone else. Our squad this year can match anyone for speed, skill, and toughness, and will be up there with the best.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

As for the entertainment value...are the Devils intending to have a mass brawl every week to entertain the crowds then?

Wannabe2

This is my post sorry
Last weeks game wasnt the best game to watch to be honest, you dont have to have fights to entertain but it was a bit drear. The budget for the Sky proggies is very low indeed, but as has already been mentioned it is better than nowt. Myself i dont think we have anything to worry us this season, there may be teams as good as us, but as yet havent seen anyone better. As for mass brawls in Cardiff, then no we dont want them every week, but at least we have a team that wont be knocked about by anyone else, which cant be said about everyone else. Our squad this year can match anyone for speed, skill, and toughness, and will be up there with the best.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Wannabe2 said:
This is my post sorry
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Sorry you have never had a team that gets knocked about lol...I think you will find the difference this year will be that other teams will not get knocked about by the Devils...as they all seem to have someone who will have a go back.

Wannabe2

MADCAT said:
Wannabe2 said:
This is my post sorry
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS
Sorry you have never had a team that gets knocked about lol...I think you will find the difference this year will be that other teams will not get knocked about by the Devils...as they all seem to have someone who will have a go back.
The only thing Sheffield have to have a go back at us is the league.

Rempel16

MADCAT said:
Rempel16 said:

It was a rubbish game, I still watched it all but I mut admit I was bored. I have seen loads of rubbish games in my time, live and televised, but that doesn't mean that players can't play well in them!!!

I was measuring Galbraith and D'amour against the rest of the players on the ice and they both look quality, compared to the rest of the players on the ice! How difficult is that to understand?

You have taken my 'nothin to worry about' comment completely out of context. I am not using it to state that the Devils will win the league, however, prior to seeing Coventry in the friendly games with us I thought they were going to be special. However, having seen us more than compete against them I certainly don't feel we have to fear them as we will compete with them every time.

Furthermore, Nottingham looked like they have signed a fantastic squad who would be untouchable in the league. However, yes basing it on that one SKY game, they haven't got a squad that is going to be untouchable in this league.

Why do we need a mass brawl to entertain the crowds? It was mentioned in the rink on Sunday even after the first period that the Devils look far more exciting than at any point of last season's team, due to bags of skill, speed, big hitting, individual toughness, team toughness and improved Brit contingent.

In the Sky game (and like so many i have seen before - Devils and others) there were no big hits, very little fluid rushes up the ice, no scintilating goals and if it wasn't for Ross Dalgliesh the players would have kissed at the end rather than handshakes, both teams were afraid to touch each other, it was like watching ballet on ice.

Wannabe2

dmd said:
I can not believe how few people were at the Sheffield Belfast game, watching it now on Sky and the arena is empty
The clubs going backwards big time, they can only compete against teams with half squads, heaven help them.

Just caught the end of the show

Dave Simms when referring to the Hull game "Another feisty night in Cardiff, or should I say just another normal night in Cardiff". Why is the guy such a tit?!

Max

Wannabe2

Max Beerbarrell said:
Just caught the end of the show

Dave Simms when referring to the Hull game "Another feisty night in Cardiff, or should I say just another normal night in Cardiff". Why is the guy such a tit?!

Max
Thats a very very polite word to use for the ******** of hockey, if what happened Sunday at ours happened in Sheffield they would be turning fans away, instead of trying to dope them to come in. 2500 people in Sheffield, they used to have that many stewards.