If we get a season 21/22

Mazzoak

It’s all moving in a positive direction for sure, out door sports will be the first to return and assuming no “outbreaks” get reported within the crowds we should be ok. Players not so much of an issue, recent positive tests in the six nations resulted in a few weeks of isolation of players. If positive results start appearing to be found in crowds, sports could get shut down for who knows how long......

Devil94

The World Snooker Championship starting April 17th will be trialled with fans in attendance. Will be a big step for return of fans to indoor sports.

Kevlar68

Next to crown green indoor bowls this has to be the most sedated audience to trial back. Not exactly thrill a minute stuff but it's a start.

Mazzoak

Best estimates place vaccine protection of up to 6 months. It’s started to be voiced that OAP’s will require booster jabs in August. Assuming no further mutations and stronger Hurd immunity remains preventing higher than normal death rates, then yes September should be fine. The winter maybe still too early to predict.

Will that be for everyone irrelevant of age, as long as it keeps us safe a yearly one would do me, thanks for the news.
Starting with the over 80’s and the ’at risk’ groups I believe.
Much as we are experiencing now.
This will become a regular vaccination ‘tweeked’ for new variants etc much as like with the flu jab.

Diafol

The World Snooker Championship starting April 17th will be trialled with fans in attendance. Will be a big step for return of fans to indoor sports.
Trialling crowds at the snooker actually makes a lot of sense.
When you think of all the coughing in the audience between every shot, if it works there it'll work anywhere !

Mazzoak

What’s your thoughts on a 21/22 season.
Starting late around January 22 with reduced numbers, every 2 seats empty & continuing through winter, possibly increasing to full capacity to June finish, assuming no outbreaks.

If outbreaks or new variant, no season start till 22/23.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #95
Starting late around January 22 with reduced numbers, every 2 seats empty & continuing through winter, possibly increasing to full capacity to June finish, assuming no outbreaks.

If outbreaks or new variant, no season start till 22/23.
You said September should be fine yesterday, you a wind up or what.

Kevlar68

But we been through all this before on here and its all or nothing, to many complications for indoor arenas IF they keep social distancing
Snooker is low risk as half the audience don't move all day due to sleeping.

Last edited:

Mazzoak

You said September should be fine yesterday, you a wind up or what.
No, l’ve had several Zoom meetings, read several media reports and in 24hrs changed my mind. In another 24 hrs, ask me again, it may well result in a different guess.

I’m not God, this isn’t my plan and I’m not writing the Bible.......

What’s your thoughts on a 21/22 season.
Will there be a 21/22 season starting this September? = Probably
Will capacity crowds be allowed this September? = Highly doubtful

The problem is that as has been said before the current EIHL/ Devils business model only works with near capacity bums on seats!
So maybe we’ll see a different model for the 21/22 season.
Personally I think we’ll see reduced number or reduced quality of imports, taking a couple of steps back to get into a position to take a step forward again.

Everything is riding on the next couple of months and how we come out of the phased lockdown restrictions,
everyone has a part to play in this but unfortunately around 5%-10% of the population appear not to give a shit!

Once 70% of the population have had a second jab we’ll be in a much better place to judge timescales etc,
however, we really need the rest of North America and Europe to catch up with their vaccination programs or
we’re still going to have travel restrictions or risk further COVID spikes and fire break lockdowns!

One thing for sure is that it’ll be a very challenging season in every aspect.

tim78

No, l’ve had several Zoom meetings, read several media reports and in 24hrs changed my mind. In another 24 hrs, ask me again, it may well result in a different guess.

I’m not God, this isn’t my plan and I’m not writing the Bible.......
You're on the wrong forum supporting the wrong team if you're writing chapters in the bible :mad: . Sorry Mazzoak all is forgiven... you'll just have to be sent to support Coventry!