If we get a season 21/22

Some updates from the First Minister this afternoon:

Pilot events with attendances of up to 1,000 people will take place in May for sports and arts. Drakeford also said these attendances will be increased in the summer providing the virus is still as suppressed as it is today.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #104
Were these not outdoors?
Would say definately yes, maybe on a slightly positive note, we could possibly go to November giving us a 5 month leeway from May if things continue on a downward trend of victims. Can just wait and hope, stay safe all.

Diafol

There are "pop-up" bars open down there selling takeaway pints in plastic glasses.
I was down there last Saturday afternoon and in fairness it all seemed very civilised, lots of families, social distancing going on, some people just having a quiet drink.

From seeing the videos, there seem to be lots of teenagers / early 20s bringing their own cans and bottles with them.
Shame they don't take their litter home with them afterwards like, but that's a different discussion altogether.

pjj365

We wont get a season with fans if those scenes carry on at the bay last few days, and which pubs are open to sell the booze .
Why pubs when you have Tesco and Sainsbury open 'till 11 and numerous corner shops - usually till 10ish
And this is my concern for a season. This is one area the council/police are not working to constrain the spread. Last time this happened they banned alcohol sales after 4pm and it helped - so it seems they are not learning lessons.
How many other lessons have they not learnt?

kingmo19.1

The problem with the bay - Basin area and Senedd is they are lit up like a Christmas Tree each evening with all the surrounding street lighting and spotlights. Kill the lighting at 8pm and then it’s about as attractive as a field in the middle of nowhere!

Slartibartfast

Maybe Im an optimist but I think there will be a season. I suspect the teams will be thrown together at the last minute due to Boris/Drakeford giving the go ahead the day before. But without foresight I think a lot of players will stay where they are or in countries that have certainty about a season. That means a lot of the older players will not be back. Maybe Martin will be back and the youngsters but I think we will be looking at a very different team next season.

august04 2.0

Interesting development with the use of so called “vaccine passports” at pilot sports events over the next 2 months, which could extend to “night time entertainment”. Now people may not agree with them, but it might offer a way back for us in the autumn (not sure what would happen to all the kids though!).

Diafol

I wouldn't think passports would be required for kids.
They're all being packed into classrooms without the jab now, so going to a sporting event probably wouldn't be any different.

Aren't all adults supposed to be offered the vaccine by the summer ?
If that target is hit then starting a new season in the autumn hopefully won't be a problem.
It does open up a new can of worms for people who can't / won't have the jab though.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #116
Interesting development with the use of so called “vaccine passports” at pilot sports events over the next 2 months, which could extend to “night time entertainment”. Now people may not agree with them, but it might offer a way back for us in the autumn (not sure what would happen to all the kids though!).
All the kids could go for a drink down the Sennedd.

Diafol

Maybe Drakeford is missing a trick here.
Open the Senedd up as a giant superpub during the summer recess, they'd make a fortune...

moggy#9

To me the vaccine passports are a no-brainer. If people want hockey to resume they should be absolutely supporting them. Since some people seem set against following the rules - because it inconveniences them, we need something to stop hockey being derailed again. The price of another cancelled season could be our club or the league.